Todays game

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#41 goingupthetown

goingupthetown
  • Coach
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

Any feedback from Townies at the match ?

Stand out players in the forwards for me were Coward, B.Phillips & Walne. C.Phillips also had a good game.

#42 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

that sounds a good effort with a patched up team against a SL outfit. it hillarious seeing the jampots chuffed with their massive win over gateshead thunder. apparently thunder are a really good side now. pmsl

#43 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

I thought your number 9 looked a decent player.I think was Philiphs?Wish someone take Leuluai from Widnes, as I really do not rate him.

#44 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

that sounds a good effort with a patched up team against a SL outfit. it hillarious seeing the jampots chuffed with their massive win over gateshead thunder. apparently thunder are a really good side now. pmsl

Absolutely massive win for them..... The Thunder must be favourites to finish top of the league.
"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#45 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

Is that the same Gateshead that beat town last season.Well actually it's not they have a raft of new players brought in and did well against Hull KR the week before.As for the crowd yes very poor but given the weather and the footie that was on not a suprise.Once Widnes take out all the matchday running expense think haven will have done better than town out of yesterday's games

Edited by haven4ever, 14 January 2013 - 02:21 PM.

#46 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

Is that the same Gateshead that beat town last season.Well actually it's not they have a raft of new players brought in and did well against Hull KR the week before.As for the crowd yes very poor but given the weather and the footie that was on not a suprise.Once Widnes take out all the matchday running expense think haven will have done better than town out of yesterday's games

Well you will know who made the most as you are privy to information that even our directors aren't aware of. Yeah was a pretty poor turn out even given that it was a friendly,weather was poor and football was on telly.
Anyway on the plus side I hear our ground improvements are going well, maybe more haven fans would have turned out knowing they would have kept dry in a new stadium.........
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#47 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 774 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

same old h4e, always biting. ;)

#48 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

I thought your number 9 looked a decent player.I think was Philiphs?Wish someone take Leuluai from Widnes, as I really do not rate him.

That was his first game as a professional, we've just signed him from the amateur club, Seaton Rangers. He was a BARLA junior international.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#49 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

That was his first game as a professional, we've just signed him from the amateur club, Seaton Rangers. He was a BARLA junior international.

Keith I was impressed with him and we need a hooker.Haha.

#50 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Keith I was impressed with him and we need a hooker.Haha.

Keep ya hands off haha

#51 Bearintown

Bearintown
  • Coach
  • 303 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

Whilst we dont want to lose any up and coming lads, really this is how a proper partnership should work.
Widnes should have first look at our lads - bit of compensation would be nice too!
This would encourage locals to sign for us if they can see a clear pathway to SL.

#52 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

Whilst we dont want to lose any up and coming lads, really this is how a proper partnership should work.
Widnes should have first look at our lads - bit of compensation would be nice too!
This would encourage locals to sign for us if they can see a clear pathway to SL.

Well I thought he looked good and he may want to play Superleague?If is the case I think Widnes should show interest,and if does well some compensation to help your club, and i want it to benefit both clubs. Hopefully you getting our talented youngsters on loan will help your squad too.When you get our youngsters on loan I will be interested in their progress.Tom Gilmore is a big prospect from Widnes.

Edited by widnesrlfc, 15 January 2013 - 10:53 AM.

#53 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 667 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

It was his first game and a friendly with no pressure on him. lets see how he goes throughout the season, I have no doubt he will be a brilliant player for us but dont heap pressure on him after 1 game.

#54 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

Absolutely , slow down a bit! It does again though illustrate the jewel we have on our doorstep - namely the best amateur standard around.
It has to be the seam we mine for gold. Nice if we can unearth a couple more gems to add to Callum.

#55 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

if they thought callum was good in his 1st pro game,then thank god matty wasnt playing because he wouldsurely tempt them.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#56 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

Is Callum a 9 or was he just playing there because Mattys out ? What's his natural position , will we see him at 7 come the main business?

#57 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

Is Callum a 9 or was he just playing there because Mattys out ? What's his natural position , will we see him at 7 come the main business?

Said it a load of times but for me hes a 9. Real intelligent player who knows how to get a team moving forward and when to go it alone
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#58 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

if they thought callum was good in his 1st pro game,then thank god matty wasnt playing because he wouldsurely tempt them.

It was me who thought he was good mate.Not the Widnes fans, but i could see his talent after one game.I think i should be the Widnes scout. :D So who is Matty please? ;)

Edited by widnesrlfc, 15 January 2013 - 03:49 PM.

#59 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Oh this could be another long season for you mate if the eyeing up has been turned the other way round !!!! Have faith in your squad , you'll be sweet ... Matty ? No idea I've never heard of him .

Edited by DavidM, 15 January 2013 - 04:15 PM.

#60 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

It was me who thought he was good mate.Not the Widnes fans, but i could see his talent after one game.I think i should be the Widnes scout. :D So who is Matty please? ;)

Matty is the ex haven hooker who used to have mark smith in his pocket every time we played you just a shame we never won many against you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users