Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Todays game

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

Oh this could be another long season for you mate if the eyeing up has been turned the other way round !!!! Have faith in your squad , you'll be sweet ... Matty ? No idea I've never heard of him .

I do have faith in our squad and we have some good youngsters who will be going to Workington.Leuluai is the only one do not rate to be honest.Goodluck for the season anyway.

Edited by widnesrlfc, 15 January 2013 - 05:06 PM.

#62 TownTownTown

TownTownTown
  • Players
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

That's right Donald..... Matty left to join a big club

#63 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 792 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

I am still not convinced that these tie ups with the super league clubs really benefit the clubs in our league. For instance i could see them been interested in 4 or 5 of towns players. And we get good academy players to replace them now that does not seem a good deal to me.I am just trying to get a debate going to here what other fans think?.

#64 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 520 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

That's right Donald..... Matty left to join a big club

Haha we where ambushed and robbed of a few players you buggers

#65 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,331 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Do you get different players every week and you end up with all the confusion we had last year with SL match day squads etc , or is it aset few who are registered with you as ours for the season like Swinton have ? It'll be interesting to see how it's all explained and works out . Do you ask or get what your given ? Lot of things to see as people have said . And we start relatively soon so we must get our squad numbers in shortly and where do they fit in there ? Could work smoothly or could be destabilising week to week , suck it n see for all these clubs this year I guess . One things for sure , the SL clubs aren't doing it all out of the goodness of their heart . The whole league outside the top 4 could easy come down ( probably will ) to whose link up prospers most .

Edited by DavidM, 15 January 2013 - 06:38 PM.

#66 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 816 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

I am still not convinced that these tie ups with the super league clubs really benefit the clubs in our league. For instance i could see them been interested in 4 or 5 of towns players. And we get good academy players to replace them now that does not seem a good deal to me.I am just trying to get a debate going to here what other fans think?.

Abu,I do not know if you were at the widnes game but i believe we had the offer of ten players from team in the game.I for one would have no problem with any of the lads that were on show, infact gerrard the prop looked like a winner,the lad gilmore was outstanding in the halves an all the back division look very pacy,so if we can choose the 5 from the ten then get them in and that would make town even more stronger than they already are.
Posted Image

#67 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Abu,I do not know if you were at the widnes game but i believe we had the offer of ten players from team in the game.I for one would have no problem with any of the lads that were on show, infact gerrard the prop looked like a winner,the lad gilmore was outstanding in the halves an all the back division look very pacy,so if we can choose the 5 from the ten then get them in and that would make town even more stronger than they already are.

Alex Gerrard,Tom Gilmore,and Declan Hulme are decent players, and if i was Workington i take them on dual.They are all decent players mate.

#68 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 792 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

I dont like is the dual reg system where they can ring the club on say on a friday saying there in the widnes team that week because of injury,s to there team.I think we had that with the lad peterson from hull.I dont doubt the players you speak of are more than usefull players but we cannot rely on them week in week out which i think will disrupt the team?????.

#69 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

I dont like is the dual reg system where they can ring the club on say on a friday saying there in the widnes team that week because of injury,s to there team.I think we had that with the lad peterson from hull.I dont doubt the players you speak of are more than usefull players but we cannot rely on them week in week out which i think will disrupt the team?????.

The team is always going be disrupted by injuries anyhow , part and parcel of the game, so I do think it suits a smaller squad such as ours, as you should be able to keep a fitter squad for longer as you have a larger pool of players which may give us some flexibility at the back end of the season .

As someone said earlier though its a connection with Superleague which could be a further motivation for our players and the gesture made by Widnes suggests to me they are taking it seriously and want to make it work so on balance I'm all for it.

#70 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Matty is the ex haven hooker who used to have mark smith in his pocket every time we played you just a shame we never won many against you

He may have had Mark Smith in his pocket, but unfortunately he didn't have his haven wages in his pocket :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users