Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

score update

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

I don't think a lot could be judged from todays game. It was very cold,wet and muddy and mistake free attacking rugby was impossible. The Raiders found it very difficult to break down a resolute BARLA defence and on a few occassions the Raiders defence was paper thin. Although Raiders won BARLA could and should have scored at least 2 further tries but mishandled. I agree it was a moral victory to BARLA.

Last week I chose Kurt Haggerty as my MOM and he followed that up with a hat trick this week. In addition he did a number of crunching tackles and handled well. I think he will have an excellent season.

Let's hope for decent weather next Sunday and a good crowd.

Posted Image

#22 Ben10

Ben10
  • Players
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Thanks a lot.

#23 Bob247

Bob247
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Barrow Raiders Starting XIII: Dean McGilvray, Mike Backhouse, Chris Larkin, Max Wiper, Adam Clay, Sean Casey, Liam Campbell, Brad Brennan, Liam Finch, Danny Jones, Liam Harrison, Kurt Haggerty, Dan Toal.
Substitutes: James Dandy, Matthew Haggarty, Mike Whitehead, Lee Haney, Brad Marwood.
BARLA GB Starting XIII: Ryan Rogers, Tom Morby, Kieron Murphy, Scott Lofthouse, Mike Johnson, Ryan Smith, Richard George, Zac Johnson, Richard Hough, Richard Huby, Adam Nicholson, Sean Foster, Matt Huby.
Substitutes: Marcus O’Brien, David Lowery, Danny Lynch, Steve Marsh, Johnny Golding, Adam Thomason, Pat Foulston, Sam Forrester, Francis King.
Referee: Chris Leatherbarrow.
Attendance: 555.

#24 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

Is Casey an improvement on Kaighan or was it too hard to tell from todays game?

#25 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

well done to both sides in horrid conditions today.

i thought Adam Nicholson had a belting game for BARLA in the 2nd row.

I thought Kurt Haggerty and Bull were outstanding for Barrow and Casey's in field kicking was a revelation after last weeks very poor effort from our no 6

Best Team lost today

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#26 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

Is Casey an improvement on Kaighan or was it too hard to tell from todays game?

Yes, Casey did well for a debut. He fumbled and dropped the ball on his first touch of the game, but to be fair it didn't faze him.
Looks like we have a half decent stand off half.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#27 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

i noticed that Sean too a knock later on and Liam Campbell was also struggling from around half time....any news on these injuries ?

Lee

Lee Morton

#28 Dibble

Dibble
  • Coach
  • 712 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

Liam Campbell suffered a dead leg,hopefully he will be OK for next week,I'm not aware of any further injuries.
Posted Image

#29 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

• cheers mate

Lee Morton