Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

NORTH WALES CRUSADERS

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

Won at York today apparently.

#2 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

They played some decent rugby against us and the left winger Rob Massam would be a player id like at our club

#3 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

They did win and thoroughly deserved it but as is the norm in the warm-up games, NWC turned out what will almost be a first choice 17 whereas we had a very young side out.
The Knights will certainly suffer from the 'who are we getting and when' DR scenario as will all the unfancied scramblers in the Championship.
You do wonder the absolute value of warm-up games when as many of possibly six of your starting 17 in the league are not with you until the first league game ?

#4 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

We Didnt have our dual reg players when we played NWC indeed we had some trialists involved but still managed a win.

#5 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

York put out a very young side, I wouldn't read too much into the result.

I hope the City Knights and their landlord do some improvement work on the pitch for this season - the state of the surface was an absolute disgrace last year.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#6 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

York put out a very young side, I wouldn't read too much into the result.

I hope the City Knights and their landlord do some improvement work on the pitch for this season - the state of the surface was an absolute disgrace last year.

Agreed Phil.How they ever were allowed to use it with all the pot holes and sand on it was beyond belief.

#7 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

Agreed Phil.How they ever were allowed to use it with all the pot holes and sand on it was beyond belief.

Nothing wrong with the pitch now & please get over-confident about our result yesterday.

#8 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

I agree we shouldn't read too much into Yorks pre season result should we?
The only time when pre season results have any relevance is when its our own
Of course in those instances if we play bsdly it means our season is doomed and our stadium will never be built.

#9 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

I agree we shouldn't read too much into Yorks pre season result should we?
The only time when pre season results have any relevance is when its our own
Of course in those instances if we play bsdly it means our season is doomed and our stadium will never be built.

i think you right about the stadium not being built, seems to have gone very quiet on that front?.

#10 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

i think you right about the stadium not being built, seems to have gone very quiet on that front?.

Yes indeed ,in fact I propose the deletion of all threads and lets just have one big one leading back to this subject on every single possible occasion.

#11 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

Think you launched one over somebody's head Mark!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#12 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Now it's been mentioned I recall Paul Kidd said at the shirt launch that a planning application would be submitted in the first two weeks of January!.I can't help thinking that all the negative publicity surrounding Salford will cost us! We are all doomed !

#13 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

Think you launched one over somebody's head Mark!

Im not so sure. I think there's a possibility that they aren't as daft as they make out.

#14 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

I see Wakefield hammered Featherstone too. I reckon we might finish above them this year.....

#15 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 250 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

I see Wakefield hammered Featherstone too. I reckon we might finish above them this year.....

You never know Mark - I like your sense of humour and one thing I think we have in common is that we stay positive about our club

#16 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

Your bookmaker must be rich.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#17 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

Your bookmaker must be rich.

My local bookmaker is Fred Done. Hes very very rich
He has no shops near me but his massive house is a stones throw away
I've not helped him buy it as I've never ever put a bet on .
I suspect you have.

Edited by mark richardson, 15 January 2013 - 06:49 PM.

#18 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

You never know Mark - I like your sense of humour and one thing I think we have in common is that we stay positive about our club

Absolutely sir. We are after all "supporters."

#19 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

The use of the word "supporters" is being used very loosely.

#20 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

Especially when pre fixed with the word all.
I do apologise .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users