Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Chants/songs for new players

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

We are set for another fantastic season and it would be great if we can get behind the lads and make them feel welcome.

It would be awesome if we could think of a few new chants for the new or existing players , last years Tangi s song was fantastic and still makes me smile every time it's stuck in my head.

Anthony England should be simple , we just need to decide which England song we use and it will be sung loud n proud every time he scores or drives in the ball.

for Lamont Bryan we could use " Lamont Lamont , Lamont Lamont Der Der d d, Der Der d d , to the tune we used to use if a policeman was about.

Can anyone think of anymore ?
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#2 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

We are set for another fantastic season and it would be great if we can get behind the lads and make them feel welcome.

It would be awesome if we could think of a few new chants for the new or existing players , last years Tangi s song was fantastic and still makes me smile every time it's stuck in my head.

Anthony England should be simple , we just need to decide which England song we use and it will be sung loud n proud every time he scores or drives in the ball.

for Lamont Bryan we could use " Lamont Lamont , Lamont Lamont Der Der d d, Der Der d d , to the tune we used to use if a policeman was about.

Can anyone think of anymore ?

I got confused with Lamont Bryan's name and called him Bryan Lamont a few time in conversation. SO 'LB LB or even BL whichever it is he'll give you Hell'. A poor attempt I know just having a go,.

#3 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

How about to the tune of Ab Ab Ab my boy.

LB LB LB MY BOY WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR NOW
YOU PROMISED TO SCORE FOR ME ONE DAY IN JUNE.
ITS NEVER TOO LATE ITS NEVER TOO SOON
LB LB LB MY BOY WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR NOW.

#4 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:07 AM

Well I have searched YouTube and Google and can't find which song you mean jamesColin
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#5 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:12 AM

Wow think I found it, no wonder I struggled it was wrote in 1919 and popular in pubs and clubs. No idea of how it goes though but thanks for at least replying.

Where are all the young supporters ? Especially the lad that did Tangi s song ?

#6 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

Wow think I found it, no wonder I struggled it was wrote in 1919 and popular in pubs and clubs. No idea of how it goes though but thanks for at least replying.

Where are all the young supporters ? Especially the lad that did Tangi s song ?

Come to me on the Miller Gate during the season and I will sing it for you. Glad you found it Stratobill just showing my age.

#7 Mr Stubbs

Mr Stubbs
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

Any of the players names who you want sang to 'Love will tear us apart' by Joy Division.

England, England will tear you apart etc
Adam Stubbs :D