RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

stars of the coming season from your club......

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Don't know why he's still playing championship, he was quality every time I saw him for Wakey.

It will be fantastic to see Ellis and penky on the same field. Two outstanding players for championship level.

#22 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Don't know why he's still playing championship, he was quality every time I saw him for Wakey.

absolutely. Nice lad n'all. Good rugby player. Decent lookin lad. Gorgeous fianceé.
What a b'stard!!! :lol: :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#23 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

absolutely. Nice lad n'all. Good rugby player. Decent lookin lad. Gorgeous fianceé.
What a b'stard!!! :lol: :lol:

Wi them specs you wear robin you would think dame Edna everage is fit 😃😃😃

#24 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

It will be fantastic to see Ellis and penky on the same field. Two outstanding players for championship level.

Nah they're both rubbish, they'll never make it in SuperLeague...!

;)
Posted Image

#25 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Nah they're both rubbish, they'll never make it in SuperLeague...!

;)

Ok gav I surrender 1-1 lol

#26 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,616 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Penky in the CC. Little bug ger will make a nuisance of himself wherever he plays. Reight player!

Good player but I wouldn't swap Graeme Mattinson for him !

At Town watch out for Brett Phillips a young back rower who had a brilliant first season as a pro and will get even better, and Elliot Miller who is good enough to play SL now IMHO.
Super Clarty Git Amang It Dip Fer Dippin Owt In

#27 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,258 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

Adam O'Brien might well do some game-time on loan. Snap him up, he's great little hooker.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#28 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

Chris Green at Hull FC had a great end to last season and looked excellent against Cas on Sunday.

#29 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 601 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:31 AM

Sam Hopkins, Ryan Brierley, Ant Nicholson, Jonny Pownall and Penky might do a bit.
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#30 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 8,988 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:16 AM

Copenhagen Black Swan have signed up Ungureanu Andrei, who a couple of years ago played U21 for Denmark in rugby union at the age of 17. He is now only involved in rugby league and could be a key player if he can keep calm.

#31 Finn

Finn
  • Coach
  • 362 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Hughes at Wigan, and hopefully Mossop will take the next step up to be a proper international prop.

#32 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

Hughes at Wigan, and hopefully Mossop will take the next step up to be a proper international prop.

Hughes at Wigan is a wonderful player, if he continue to improve, one for the England World Cup squad.

I rate this lad very highly, one of the best prospects about.

In fact I go as far to say he's a potential superstar for England!

#33 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

Two props at Saints: Alex Walmsley, who is still on dual reg with Batley during his first season with us and so may not get much SL game time; and Jordan Hand, who is a flippin big bloke also able to win the contact in ways our present props regularly do not!

#34 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

for leeds stevie ward will get a lot more game time in midseason when he gets the all clear over his shoulder and will really show his class. jordan baldwinson may get a few chances and the lad is a star of the future.

as for signings then mitch achurch will have a big season and who knows may even come to the attention of the england coach . he is a big lump of a lad with decent pace a good pair of hands and a tackling style which will make him just about as much loved by opposing fans as ryan bailey :D :D :D
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#35 leytherjay

leytherjay
  • Coach
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

At Leigh we have Pownall,Briscoe,Nicholson,Brierley............but the 1 that will stand up the most is Sam Hopkins - will end up in SL within next 2/3 years IMO.

NRC CHAMPIONS 2011 & 2013

#36 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

Chris Green at Hull FC had a great end to last season and looked excellent against Cas on Sunday.

Got to agree, if this kid keeps improving at this rate, he'll definately be a top notch player and pushing on the door at international level.
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#37 Emosi Koloto

Emosi Koloto
  • Coach
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

I think if Ryan Hampshire gets a chance at Wigan this season he may be hard to keep out of the side.
Everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

#38 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

Obviously Ellis and holdsworth, but the lad arundel is someone injury free can have a big season

#39 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

Good player but I wouldn't swap Graeme Mattinson for him !

At Town watch out for Brett Phillips a young back rower who had a brilliant first season as a pro and will get even better, and Elliot Miller who is good enough to play SL now IMHO.

thought phillips played really well at widnes on sunday, i hope denis keeps an eye on him. i agree about graeme mattinson, one of the best hookers never to have played super league...............
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#40 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 11,645 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

Looks like young Hull winger Tom Lineham may get his chance to shine sooner than anticipated if today's Hull Daily Wail is anything to go by.

http://m.thisishulla...ml?aid=17870662

Edited by Old Frightful, 16 January 2013 - 03:01 PM.

Hull-FC-V10-e1380711301940.jpg         HULL NOT VERY PROUD

"You're not City anymore!"

(The chant of opposition fans to Hull Tigers' supporters this season)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users