Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

stars of the coming season from your club......

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

thought phillips played really well at widnes on sunday, i hope denis keeps an eye on him. i agree about graeme mattinson, one of the best hookers never to have played super league...............

There was two brothers playing against Widnes on Sunday Viking. Brett Phillips the taller of the two played in the second row and Callum Phillips played number 9 in his first ever professional game. Both are going to be eye catchers in the Championship and you are correct about Graham Mattinson.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#42 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,116 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

yes brett was superb my lad commented on him being a good prospect. callum had a good game as well, looks like the cumbrian production line is still working well.....
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#43 Wigansnapper89

Wigansnapper89
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

One of my good mates Ryan Duffy has just signed a 2 year Deal with Leigh after being on the Academy at Warrington then Barrow on Duel reg. He is only 19 but would love to see him being a part of Leigh's 1st team this year and get some games under his belt, hope he impresses and becomes a SL player in the future
" We have achieved what you can only dream of "

Follow me on Twitter @gaz_wigan

My Flickr site with all my Photography on it, New stuff added all the time

http://www.flickr.co...os/8882103@N05/

#44 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 660 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

One of my good mates Ryan Duffy has just signed a 2 year Deal with Leigh after being on the Academy at Warrington then Barrow on Duel reg. He is only 19 but would love to see him being a part of Leigh's 1st team this year and get some games under his belt, hope he impresses and becomes a SL player in the future

He showed a few good touches against t`Pies in the friendly, pretty sure he`ll improve under the tutelage of PR.
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#45 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

it's that time of the year to start making predictions for the coming season. i have watched both our friendlies so far and going on last season as well i predict that this year danny craven will blossom into a superb super league half back/hooker and have a massive season.

Danny Craven is out for 3 months.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#46 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

Anal lice

#47 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

Happy; Swindon St George... :D
"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#48 dunno much

dunno much
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

There's a young lad at the dragons by the name of Sir Steve who looks like he's in for a good season! :rolleyes:

#49 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

Justin Carney guna be a massive hit (literally) but Fleming guna be the young up n coming, id say Clark but I think I said him last year n were stil waiting for him to fill his potential.
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#50 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

There's a young lad at the dragons by the name of Sir Steve who looks like he's in for a good season! :rolleyes:

Who are the dragons? :huh:
"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#51 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,718 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

Who are the dragons? :huh:

Onions round their necks, often sporting berets.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#52 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

Anal lice

I haven't seen The Sound of Music but I don't think that's correct.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#53 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

:D

#54 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

]

Oh yeah! Oops! I thought they were 'Les Cats'... :D

#55 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:22 AM

Happy; Swindon St George... :D

Oh where to start with this one?

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino, 06 February 2013 - 06:29 AM.

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#56 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:27 AM

Lad at Leeds, Seinfeld or Sinfield or something, shows good potential especially as a leader. I think he could win a few things in his career, including the Golden Boot.

Maybe even a Knighthood!

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#57 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:39 AM

Were they passing by when they heard several shots?

stupid swear filter

Edited by dkw, 06 February 2013 - 08:40 AM.

#58 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,116 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

as danny craven is out for 3 months with a broken collar bone i will change my prediction from widnes, not a youngster but a player who has played superbly since his debut on boxing day, phil joseph...................a human wrecking ball
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#59 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

Keep an eye out for Tom Carr in the Championship...

He just needed game time :(

Cummins Out.

#60 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

Iain Thornley looks the real deal.
Played well in the Wigan U age teams and had a good game starting against Salford.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users