TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

bowdens steps down ?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

anyone else heard the rumour that dave bowden is stepping down as chairman

#2 kieran

kieran
  • Coach
  • 207 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

yes, been confirmed on twitter, story soon to follow.

#3 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

The story is now on news and star website

#4 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

i wonder if theres a replacement lined up or is it sudden decision.

#5 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 702 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

Roman Abramovich is taking over...

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Is that why a heli-pad has just been introduced into the stadium plans?

#7 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,709 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

well i think we all owe dave bowden a lot of gratitude. hes turned the club round from whipping boys to a more than competetive team who continuosly make a profit off the field. and he leaves on a high with the club securing promotion and hosting the wc games.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

He can be well proud of his tenure , and he's been an excellent face and voice of the club to the RL community at large.

#9 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

Fred Storey watch this space

#10 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 780 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

well i think we all owe dave bowden a lot of gratitude. hes turned the club round from whipping boys to a more than competetive team who continuosly make a profit off the field. and he leaves on a high with the club securing promotion and hosting the wc games.

Agreed done a very good job in difficult circumstances, the nicking of the world cup games and the included ground development from the jam pots is the crowning glory. :lol:

#11 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

thanks for everything dave. a chairman who has steered the club through difficult times and leaves us in good condition on and off the feild

#12 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 702 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Yea agree with you Wonky. hes been a brilliant chairmen and gave us fans what we asked for alot of the time and turned the club around.cheers dave.

#13 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Dave has been a rock for Town and we are a better club through his efforts. It has been hard graft for Dave and the other directors over the past 10 years, with there only being so few to share the workload but they worked miracles to keep us out of debt andat the same time give us a team on the field to be proud of. I hope as Dave says, we can get some of o2ur younger fans to come forward and take up the positions of directors. Thank you Dave.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#14 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Thanks for a very quick 10 years Dave.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#15 ChunkyOnion

ChunkyOnion
  • Coach
  • 149 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Done an excellent job. Enjoy the time with the family Mr B!
Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

#16 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 906 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

thank you dave bowden

#17 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

Well I didn't see that coming!
Thanks for everything Dave, a superb chairman through a very difficult time in the clubs history. The club is in a much better shape than it was 10 years ago and that is to your credit.
It will be a big hole to fill, I just hope the club can fill the void!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#18 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

We can dream that we're the next in the growing line to welcome a big money man to the fold ...!

#19 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Be a massive loss to the club, he has done a fantastic job in his time at workington town. Thanks for everything Dave.

#20 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

Just had a thought. If our Vice Chairman, Mark, takes the hot seat we will have a former Haven player as our Chairman and Haven have a former Town player as their Chairman!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users