Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

bowdens steps down ?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,962 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

Will be a massive loss to the club, he is Blue and White through and through......

Thanks for everything Dave - You've done the club proud under your leadership.
"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#22 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

Be a massive loss to the club, he has done a fantastic job in his time at workington town. Thanks for everything Dave.

Agreed, a big loss really sorry to see him go. Hard boots to fill.

#23 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Most supporters who post on this forum would say they love our club, I certainly do, and have done since I first watched them as a seven year old. we buy our season tickets, our replica shirts, our Lottery tickets, our half time draw tickets and put a bob or two behind the bar on matchdays. In a nutshell we all think we do our bit, and if there were a few hundred more like us, the club would be in a better position.

If we love the Town, then how much does Dave Bowden love them ? He has put his heart and sole (and money) into running the club for the past 10 years, at times it must have seemed like it was a 24/7 job with his family and home life taking a back seat.........that's true love.

Dave and his BOD stepped in to save the club from sliding into the abbyss 10 years ago, and he leaves us with the club in a higher division, in the black, and with a squad of players (when fit) who can hold their own in this division, most of who are on 2 year contracts. A remarkable achievment by any standards. Mission accomplished :)

Best of luck for the future Dave, enjoy the spare time you will now have, and thanks for your drive and unselfish commitment over the past 10 years. You deserve a place in the hall of fame, up there with Brian Edgar and Gus...........Thanks mate :(

UP THE TOWN

#24 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 851 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

Well said that man.

#25 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,519 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

I dont think anyone could say it better than that, brilliantly put.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users