TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

14th of Jan and planning permission is in!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

Oops sorry typo there. meant to say isnt in.

By my reckoning 14 days is two week. We should have had everything submitted.
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#2 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

Can't help thinking the problems with Salford are going to cause problems with any planning application.

#3 PaulT

PaulT
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

Typo fixed!

Posted Image

#4 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

Mong it was done on purpose. lol
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#5 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

Its now a very well-worn script, so comes as no surprise.

"Something big will happen in another month or two". A month or two passes by..... and .......nothing. We'd probably go around the loop again if there were a public forum involving club officials today.

Perhaps the club isn't delivering. Perhaps the council isn't delivering. Perhaps there is some other problem. Whichever it is, many of the most important stakeholders whose views will determine success or failure of the whole project are being subjected to mushroom management.

Lessons have not been learned from the calamity of Barton. Now a major potential backer has emerged for Salford City Reds, the powers-that-be will no doubt be hoping the Salford City Stadium might come to be viewed as a success and the obvious failings in how it was done can be quickly swept under the carpet.

Another well worn script is my believe that more openness should be the answer. Lets allow the real stakeholders a chance to challenge the barriers to progress, and shape the final solution therein increasing the chances of ultimate success. The Mayor went on record recently with support for Supporters Trusts - the Swinton Independent Trust is bigger than Forever Reds! The Trust ought to be in the loop!

Not holding my breath though. Although please forgive me if I take any more of these "2 months" promises with a very big pinch of salt and I would advise all fellow supporters to do the same.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#6 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

Mid January and apparent silence on the Agecroft front. Worrying to say the least don't you think?

#7 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

In all honesty submitting a planning application for a new rugby stadium within the City Of Salford at this moment in time would surely be a PR disaster!

#8 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

Its now a very well-worn script, so comes as no surprise.

"Something big will happen in another month or two". A month or two passes by..... and .......nothing. We'd probably go around the loop again if there were a public forum involving club officials today.

Perhaps the club isn't delivering. Perhaps the council isn't delivering. Perhaps there is some other problem. Whichever it is, many of the most important stakeholders whose views will determine success or failure of the whole project are being subjected to mushroom management.

Lessons have not been learned from the calamity of Barton. Now a major potential backer has emerged for Salford City Reds, the powers-that-be will no doubt be hoping the Salford City Stadium might come to be viewed as a success and the obvious failings in how it was done can be quickly swept under the carpet.

Another well worn script is my believe that more openness should be the answer. Lets allow the real stakeholders a chance to challenge the barriers to progress, and shape the final solution therein increasing the chances of ultimate success. The Mayor went on record recently with support for Supporters Trusts - the Swinton Independent Trust is bigger than Forever Reds! The Trust ought to be in the loop!

Not holding my breath though. Although please forgive me if I take any more of these "2 months" promises with a very big pinch of salt and I would advise all fellow supporters to do the same.

i agree with most of what you say phil, in my opinion the agecroft stadium will never happen, the club just dont have the funds to build a new ground and never will have unless a new backer comes along one look at the clubs accounts at companies house will tell you that.

https://www.duedil.c...ll-club-limited

#9 lionsfanusa

lionsfanusa
  • Coach
  • 430 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

i agree with most of what you say phil, in my opinion the agecroft stadium will never happen, the club just dont have the funds to build a new ground and never will have unless a new backer comes along one look at the clubs accounts at companies house will tell you that.

Where did you see that the club was financing the new stadium?
Posted Image

#10 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

Nice thread started Barnie. First time I have laughed (and posted) on this forum for a long while!

Messed up by PaulT (Doh!) and now hi-jacked by the Doomsters.....

What would be worrying would be building a "ground" that is not affordable (I have not used the "S" word so as not to excite our more serious members), leading to an unstainable club and Swinton disappearing forever up its own backside.

Worrying may be if you actually expected things to go to suggested schedule (nothing ever does!). As PhilH indicates - did you really think the planning permission would be in by now?

Please lighten up..... the thread was started as a joke and is progressing down the time-worn path of all the other threads on this forum...

Reasons to be cheerful....... the kit was out before Xmas........the fixtures are now on the website........ the season is only weeks away!

Anyone know any good jokes?

PS - Should be be laying grass or artificial turf......

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#11 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

In all honesty submitting a planning application for a new rugby stadium within the City Of Salford at this moment in time would surely be a PR disaster!

All depends how it is done. It already ought to be a "PR disaster" that Swinton Lions have been in exile 21 years, its an easy enough argument to make.

If there were several influencial people from across the community overtly behind the proposal, it ought to be a PR disaster for development NOT to take place.

Its never been on the agenda for Swinton Lions to fund the stadium.

Its been previously mentioned on here several times that the plan includes sale of Blue Ribbon Fields for development to raise funds, plus grant money. For that approach to be feasible clearly requires Folly Lane ARLFC to be satisfied that the facilities available at Agecroft will be sufficient to support their needs, and at a sustainable cost. Therein a more likely problem is lack of space at Agecroft.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#12 PaulT

PaulT
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

Sarcasm doesn't work in text form :D

Posted Image

#13 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

Can you just explain what you read into the limited info the link you have posted told you please.

The only information anyone can obtain from companies house is an abbreviated set of the accounts giving limited balance sheet details.

As usual given half the chance you jump on to the "slag Swinton band waggon"

I really do wonder why the club exists when people attack the club at every opportunity.

I am as anxious as the next fan to see some tangable movement on the ground but continual attacks on the viability of the club serves no puropose.

#14 lionsfanusa

lionsfanusa
  • Coach
  • 430 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

Nice thread started Barnie. First time I have laughed (and posted) on this forum for a long while!

Messed up by PaulT (Doh!) and now hi-jacked by the Doomsters.....

What would be worrying would be building a "ground" that is not affordable (I have not used the "S" word so as not to excite our more serious members), leading to an unstainable club and Swinton disappearing forever up its own backside.

Worrying may be if you actually expected things to go to suggested schedule (nothing ever does!). As PhilH indicates - did you really think the planning permission would be in by now?

Please lighten up..... the thread was started as a joke and is progressing down the time-worn path of all the other threads on this forum...

Reasons to be cheerful....... the kit was out before Xmas........the fixtures are now on the website........ the season is only weeks away!

Anyone know any good jokes?

PS - Should be be laying grass or artificial turf......

A glass half full person! Bravo!
Posted Image

#15 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 586 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

I've heard that there should be some positive news shortly.

#16 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Careful there Paul, some forum users may require a strict definition of the phrase "shortly". You will be inundated with people asking where the news is tommorrow.

Steve Mc indicated the squad building was progressiong and he would know the extent of his squad by the end of January. By 10th of January people are dissing the squad as inadequate.. . . . .

It would however be nice to have some "positive" news.

#17 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Sarcasm doesn't work in text form :D

Is that what the smiley faces are for? If sarcasm is not allowed then I am leaving - Maybe we could put a cheeky "wink" after such comments?

#18 PaulT

PaulT
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Is that what the smiley faces are for? If sarcasm is not allowed then I am leaving - Maybe we could put a cheeky "wink" after such comments?

Agreed - In text form, sarcasm requires a smiley! That could be a forum rule - you're onto something there!

Posted Image

#19 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

Oh I hope so...I can't stand much more of this. Ha ha.

#20 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

There's an interesting posting by the enigmatic "Angry Lion" in the M.E.N.
It's to be found by clicking on the link below (or just reading it as pasted below)

http://menmedia.co.u...ale-and-salford

Angry Lion
Comment posted: 15/01/13 at 18:54

The article has overlooked the fact many errors with Salford City Stadium rest with the Rotten Borough of Salford City Council and former leader John Merry.

For years John Wilkinson politicised Salford City Reds, so much so that in recent years the club was virtually the RL arm of Salford Labour Group and a tool of social engineering.

Barton was intended as a private venture, the site chosen not just for capacity to accommodate a stadium but also cross-subsidising, which Red City Developments intended to raise revenue from. When Red City Developments went bust the Council simply stepped in and committed tax payers' money to fill the funding gap.

Such municipal investment ought to be carefully evaluated, in terms of value for money and sustainability - including the choice of location. Normal standards were suspended by Mr Merry, who used safe seat politics to drive it through, as by then SCS had become a vanity project central to his dictated vision of local identity. Bad politics was in the driving seat.

If Dr Koukash does turn saviour, with the adjoining development opportunity no doubt a big potential ££ lure ££, drags the Reds and Council out of a black hole of their own making, perhaps in the name of fairness and true localism some of the proceeds could go the way of the still exiled Swinton Lions allowing a true community facility to be born at Agecroft.

Don't know about you, but I'm just a bit intrigued who our angry feline happens to be.

Don'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users