Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

C*s v Fev Sunday 20th January confirmed as on.2pm kick off

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

We were really good today against a full strength c@s team. To say we were without a few first teamers through injury we looked the far best team in the first half. They were very lucky to win today the game only changed when we made changes bringing on the young guys but credit to the young uns they stood up and were counted. I am very happy after today's performance going off today we will be up there again in our league this season. Our pack looks awesome and will compete with any pack by the looks of it. Looking at our pack in the last 2 games I've got a feeling they will run over a lot of packs in our league this season which should enable Finn, kainy and Ellis to do what they do best. The futures bright its blue and white.

#42 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

Cas are obviously not going to do much this season. They won't win the Challenge Cup. They won't win the League. They won't make the play offs. They can't get relegated. They can't even appear at Blackpool playing Leigh in the NRC Final.

I could have posted the same about Widnes Salford Broncos and others.

Please will someone tell my why Licenscing was introduced as it is the daftest innovation introduced to the pro gameI since refs were instructed never to blow up for a Leeds forward pass.

#43 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

We were really good today against a full strength c@s team. To say we were without a few first teamers through injury we looked the far best team in the first half. They were very lucky to win today the game only changed when we made changes bringing on the young guys but credit to the young uns they stood up and were counted. I am very happy after today's performance going off today we will be up there again in our league this season. Our pack looks awesome and will compete with any pack by the looks of it. Looking at our pack in the last 2 games I've got a feeling they will run over a lot of packs in our league this season which should enable Finn, kainy and Ellis to do what they do best. The futures bright its blue and white.

You said it all there TG. Daryl must have had quite a dilemna in the 2nd half;- Whether to go for the win and stick with the strongest 17 or introduce the youngsters, which cost Fev the game. It was the best option in the end because preparation for the league season is paramount. On top of that, beating Cas might have gone to their heads again like it did when Fax thrashed us after last years cup run.

#44 Andy Stennett

Andy Stennett
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

I was impressed with the team today.
Strong defence and we looked strong up front with a good pack, still with players to return.
Bearing in mind they are still quite new in certain positions and once everyone is back in both forwards and backs, we will take some stopping.
Good game to watch and we will get better.

Spanish Apartment for Holiday Rental in Spain Visit www.ownersdirect.co.uk
Ref: S8185
Mobile 07738 528178

#45 Jaaaaaaaames

Jaaaaaaaames
  • Facebook
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

i enjoyed what i saw today. we showed how good we can be. our defence seemed almost unbreakable. it was good DP brought on the young ones. it gave everyone a chance to see how they play against big teams. better finding out now than in important games

#46 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 455 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

Match report taken from the YEP.

http://www.yorkshire...stone-1-5336125

#47 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

I couldn’t be happier. We’ve played a Super League side and shown that we can match them physically, tactically and defensively.

I have to pay tribute to groundsman John Lupton and his staff for enabling a match we really needed to go ahead

So our players did well, and the best contribution from a Cas perspective? The groundstaff. Says a lot really. :lol:

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#48 Duck Island Pirate

Duck Island Pirate
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

So our players did well, and the best contribution from a Cas perspective? The groundstaff. Says a lot really. :lol:

Nothing like being selective with your quotes to illustrate a point!!!!

#49 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Nothing like being selective with your quotes to illustrate a point!!!!

It's all a bit of fun. ;)

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users