Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Duel reg players

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

Which duel reg players are we getting ? Says it will be in 2morrows press ? Don't think it will young crookes .

#2 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

Take your pick from: Josh Bowden, Ben Crooks, Liam Kent, Tom Lineham, Danny Nicklas, Jack Briscoe, Jamie Shaul, Dean Hadley, Alex Starling, Ryan Wilson.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#3 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

Danny nicklas think we have him on a season long loan but jack brisco and Tom lineham would be good

#4 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,800 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

We need a prop or two.

#5 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

Press today:

Jack Briscoe, back Jack Latus, 2nd row Dean Hadley & full back Jamie Shaul pencilled
in to make debuts this Sunday along with Danny Nicklas.
Other names mentioned are Tom Lineham & Chris Green.

Sounds like GT will be speaking to Hull FC coach today, but no guarantees that even
Nicklas will remain here for a lengthy period.

In a perfect world, I would maybe go with Nicklas at 13, Green at prop & Lineham & Briscoe
on the wings, with hopefully Haynsey doing a good job at centre.

Edited by shades2, 16 January 2013 - 08:03 AM.

#6 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

Just seen on twitter from Gareth Walker of the League Express that "York have dual registered Hull FC's Jack Briscoe, Ben Crooks, Tom Lineham, Liam Kent, Dean Hadley, Josh Bowden and Chris Green for 2013"

Be nice if we could have that lot here for a season, although I can't get too excited about dual-reg unfortunately.

Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#7 SuperYork

SuperYork
  • Coach
  • 166 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

Tom Lineham the stand out player there! Great signing! Hope we can keep him for more than one game!!

#8 PeteM

PeteM
  • Coach
  • 266 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

http://www.yorkpress...k_City_Knights/

See Press tomorrow for more.

#9 Oszo

Oszo
  • Coach
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Would so love to get excited about the names mentioned but cant help feel that unless we get them for real and they give us the comittment then we will be disapointed.

#10 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

8 :-0

But, if ur happy with it......!!
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#11 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

8 :-0

But, if ur happy with it......!!

Yep, very happy at having players who'll enable us to compete with the top teams in the league. I doubt very much they'll all play at the same time, although if they do, added to our top players like Championship winners Brown & Scott (you'll have seen them last year I'd have thought) and quality like Golden, Ford and Carr, we'll be a right team. AND we won't need to charge people £17 entrance fee to pay for it.

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#12 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Yep, very happy at having players who'll enable us to compete with the top teams in the league. I doubt very much they'll all play at the same time, although if they do, added to our top players like Championship winners Brown & Scott (you'll have seen them last year I'd have thought) and quality like Golden, Ford and Carr, we'll be a right team. AND we won't need to charge people £17 entrance fee to pay for it.

Top post

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#13 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

I remember carr, good lad but nowhere near good enough for my team and I prefer to watch my team not some feeder team of another clubs players but as I said, each to their own.

Incidentally, did you pay £18 at fax LAST YEAR to sit down or are you just channeling your snide digs st Fev?

Either way, it just makes you look churlish.

Edited by sidnee, 18 January 2013 - 10:24 PM.

#14 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

Would disagree with you Sidnee about Tom Carr , I know & work with a lot of Fev fans who all say they would rather have Carr at Fev than Hardman , very highly rated but just never given the chance !!!! Plus you've had your share of loan/ dual reg over last couple of seasons & we don't all have Probiz throwing cash at us enabling you to pay superleague wages & that came from one of your own!
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#15 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

We can only spend up to the same cap as you, which is no where near sl wages.

#16 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

Liam Watts, Jason Crookes and Jay Pitts added to the list if DR players we'll be able to pick from if they aren't in Hulls match day squad.

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#17 st@yck

st@yck
  • Coach
  • 653 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

Personally I arent a big fan of duel reg as it seems it is much more of a benefit for the super league club. There is no doubt players in the above list that will improve any team at championship level, however does it overbalance itself with the disruption that can be caused by the super league club. I admit I dont know all of the ins and outs of the arrangment but surely it cant be healthy for the championship team not knowing who is going to be available until possibly a couple of days before a game. As well as this the contracted players who are in a good run of form then get asked to stand down to accomodate a so called 'big name' who may only be around for 1-2 games. I see in the press Gary Thornton saying it may be a case of playing 1-2 players in our under 20's side, and maybe that is the way to go. No doubt it can work and has been proven to work in some situations but any coach who takes the concept on has to get the balance exactly right or it can be a disaster. The most important thing I find is that BOTH clubs have to benefit.

#18 Michael Bates

Michael Bates
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

Makes a mockery of the likes of Sheffield, Halifax, Leigh and Featherstone that are trying to go it alone! So now we have Leeds A and Hull A in the championship. Ridiculous! Featherstone were in a right state years ago and have worked hard to get out of it to be on the cusp of being a Super League side and showing huge aspiration for the future. Unsure why teams like Hunslet and York have just decided to be dictated to by a Super League side. Ridiculous!

#19 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,800 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

Makes a mockery of the likes of Sheffield, Halifax, Leigh and Featherstone that are trying to go it alone! So now we have Leeds A and Hull A in the championship. Ridiculous! Featherstone were in a right state years ago and have worked hard to get out of it to be on the cusp of being a Super League side and showing huge aspiration for the future. Unsure why teams like Hunslet and York have just decided to be dictated to by a Super League side. Ridiculous!

Didn't Fev have dual reg players last season, or are you saying it;s O.K. for them but no one else?,

#20 Michael Bates

Michael Bates
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

I think we had 1 that played maybe 2 or 3 games when we had an injury crisis with wingers? Then 1 player on loan which makes him a part of the club, no problem with loan deals. Completely different than having a reported 11 available for selection isn't it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users