Duel reg players

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

ther was an old saying when someone got too cocky and it was this The more the monkey climbs the tree the more it shows its a r s e :lol: :lol:
chappy

#42 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,102 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Nicely put, Col ! :D

#43 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Surely it will improve the competition as a whole by making it more competitive.And no matter how many dual regs a club has they can only splay so many per game.

#44 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 374 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Surely it will improve the competition as a whole by making it more competitive.And no matter how many dual regs a club has they can only splay so many per game.

Yeah 5 . May not even use them it's at gt discretion ?
What's all the fuss about its been happening for few seasons now ?????? 😯

#45 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

Think the Fev fans or maybe just Sidnee are getting worried the comp might not be so easy this season lol
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#46 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

Think the Fev fans or maybe just Sidnee are getting worried the comp might not be so easy this season lol

I think you might be right

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#47 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,814 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

Thought there was more than York and Hunslet using D/R players this year?, I must have got it wrong. :rolleyes:

#48 st@yck

st@yck
  • Coach
  • 653 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

To be honest I cant really see why the Fev fans are so concerned about how the 'lower' clubs are run. It is no secret that Fev are the club that most championship and championship 1 teams aspire to be. What with a successful team, decent crowd, good financial backing and really good community programme im sure i wouldnt be lying when I say nearly all other clubs will have looked to see how they can be more like Featherstone.

With that said, years ago im sure the people at Featherstone will of compared their club on the high flyers at the time and like in all sport the merry go round effect will have happened. Fact is, clubs can only do what is within their means and set realistic goals for them and their particular situation. No doubt it will all go round again and in 10-12 years time many things will have changed and who knows where they will be!

#49 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

Far from it bk, far far from it.
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#50 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

Might need a dual reg prop asap, sounds like Luke Stenchion may be out for 2/3 weeks.

Looks like Haven's new PNG prop won't be here until late February.

#51 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

Thought there was more than York and Hunslet using D/R players this year?, I must have got it wrong. :rolleyes:

As far as im aware John there has been no players allocated to the Hawks from the Rhinos who would make the team any better than it allready is so it isnt certain as yet there will be any D/R at Hunslet but im dam sure it wont stop them competing against the big boys as there wouldnt be a league without the minnows would there and then what would they do bring in S/L under twenties to keep the championship going now theres something for them to ponder :rolleyes:
chappy

#52 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

Get the impression from the other Forum that the dual-regs lads will be playing
for Hull on Sunday - not suprising really - but then no chance for them to integrate
into our systems, plays etc before Haven away...

#53 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

this dual reg lark is getting out of hand. some clubs are regeristing whole teams. it's going to make a mockery of the league and wont be good for "signed on" players
there is a lot of apathy on other forums and i can understand why. it is not a level playing field , but hey, that's rl for you
i think clubs will lose thier identity, and the few fans left supporting semi-pro teams will start to drift away!
in my opinion the system was devised by sl clubs for the benefit of sl clubs.
i shall watch with interest, but my passion for the sport is gradually been eroded away
rant over
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#54 ala

ala
  • Coach
  • 798 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

this dual reg lark is getting out of hand. some clubs are regeristing whole teams. it's going to make a mockery of the league and wont be good for "signed on" players
there is a lot of apathy on other forums and i can understand why. it is not a level playing field , but hey, that's rl for you
i think clubs will lose thier identity, and the few fans left supporting semi-pro teams will start to drift away!
in my opinion the system was devised by sl clubs for the benefit of sl clubs.
i shall watch with interest, but my passion for the sport is gradually been eroded away
rant over

Deano
Not a fan of the duel reg system myself but if todays squad is the strongest we can muster would not give it a cat in hells chance at Haven next week,so hope Hull dont need Bowden and Green next week pack looks very under sized for me will be taking a good look at both this afternoon .

ala

Edited by ala, 27 January 2013 - 01:31 PM.

#55 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 552 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Might need a dual reg prop asap, sounds like Luke Stenchion may be out for 2/3 weeks.

your right but weve just signed seb martins the french prop

#56 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

Sorry if iv missed this but how many duel reg players can we have in the 17?
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#57 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

Sorry if iv missed this but how many duel reg players can we have in the 17?

5. Danny Nicklas is on a season long loan so doesn't count in that I don't think.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#58 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

5. Danny Nicklas is on a season long loan so doesn't count in that I don't think.

He does mate.
Posted Image

#59 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

He does mate.

Well they should change it then. :D

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#60 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

just signed seb martins french prop he will play sunday

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users