Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Bulls news thread

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#41 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

SL needs the bulls, this is more god news ahead of the new season

#42 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

That's nothing to do with rugby. Keighley hate Bradford full stop.

I think there is a certain antipathy towards the council but they're unlikely to get much of an argument from the rest of us about that either, to be honest.. B)
No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#43 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Nothing is ever straight forward, Bulls v Saints...

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#44 brooza

brooza
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

12:00 kickoff on Saturday. Game finished by 14:00. Train to London at 15:00. King's Cross by 18:00.

Either that or play the game on Thursday or Monday. If there's people wanting to make a weekend of it at Wembley, they may well be wanting to go straight from work on Friday night anyway

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#45 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

12:00 kickoff on Saturday. Game finished by 14:00. Train to London at 15:00. King's Cross by 18:00.

Either that or play the game on Thursday or Monday. If there's people wanting to make a weekend of it at Wembley, they may well be wanting to go straight from work on Friday night anyway

I know my bro has an overnight travel package, he may have told me the details but I've forgotten.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#46 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,606 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

For me, Halifax were always a rival but not the rival. Over the years, I have often been to watch them midweek or when the Bulls have not been playing.

Just seen the Fax squad for 2013. I think they'll do well and I'll make the effort to go and see them a few times.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#47 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

I think the RFL are right on this one. Shouldn't clash with WCC. Saturday would seem a reasonable compromise.
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#48 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

I think the RFL are right on this one. Shouldn't clash with WCC. Saturday would seem a reasonable compromise.

I agree it shouldn't. And my preference would be Saturday. However if the club deem it to be financially damaging then they should plead their case further. As mentioned before, it's only this freak occurance which has forced the issue.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#49 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

Anyhoo, whenever the game is played, put all your money on Saints... I can't help think we'll be on the end of a hiding that particular game, as a gentle reminder.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#50 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Oh, Omar... why?

<_< :(

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#51 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,162 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

Oh, Omar... why?

Disappointing article for a few things.

Firstly, why focus on any negatives at all at your media launch? What good can come of this.

Secondly, it would seem there was a fair bit of goodwill to his club when they held off signing the players, donated gate takings, and even made an offer to purchase the club to keep them alive. He perhaps shouldn't forget that.

#52 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Oh, Omar... why?

Quite.
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#53 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:25 AM

After everything the bull fans went through this is really poor form by the new owner.

It's greed from Omar, that's my opinion and I'm sure people will agree.

Bulls have been helped by their own fans, rival fans, ex players donatations, chairperson giving their own cash and then some clubs giving bulls part of the gate....... Sorry but Omar is out of order on this.

I still wish bulls (the ones on here and hope bulligerent returns to the forum) all the best, I just wish Omar kept shut.

#54 PC

PC
  • Coach
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

Am I the only one who supports Omar on this? Having the financial hit of losing the SKY money for this season is bad enough, but for the other clubs to distribute it amongst themselves is another financial kick.

What a way to support a club coming out of financial difficulties. Cut their income and make sure everybody else gets more money.

#55 brooza

brooza
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

Am I the only one who supports Omar on this? Having the financial hit of losing the SKY money for this season is bad enough, but for the other clubs to distribute it amongst themselves is another financial kick.

What a way to support a club coming out of financial difficulties. Cut their income and make sure everybody else gets more money.

Don't forget, Super League is staring into the financial abyss. Can you blame clubs for taking the extra cash?

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#56 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

Please don't take this the wrong way.... at least you've got a club playing in super league!!!!
Did you think you'd have a club in SL midway through last year??
The SL family helped Bradford in a time of crisis.

Don't forget, Super League is staring into the financial abyss. Can you blame clubs for taking the extra cash?

Great point - I'd like to know which three clubs were happy to share the money.

Question - Is Omar worried he needs more bums on seats / through the turnstyle for the new season??

This is my initial thought - Is he / was he depending on the cash?? does this mean he may need more new sponsors or have to put more of his own wealth into the club.

Edited by 1976PMJwires, 30 January 2013 - 09:09 AM.

#57 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

He wasn't/isn't depending on the cash because it was announced day one he took over that we weren't getting it
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#58 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

He wasn't/isn't depending on the cash because it was announced day one he took over that we weren't getting it

Do we know why they aren't getting it is it simply a punishment for going into administration. Or is it to repay the money the previous regime had early to make sure they saw out the season. If its the first then the money should of gone to the RFL to invest in the game. If its the second reason I think the other clubs are well within their rights to want that money back

#59 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

The money they were advanced was the Sky money up to the end of 2012 I think, so as it stands Bradford have had no more money from Sky than any other SL club.

I believe originally the reduction in Sky money was offered as a good will gesture to speed up getting the club out of administration. As such OK knew this was very likely to happen from day one, so it's poor form. Of course, being a press day I don't think he'll have brought it up of his own accord, more a cheeky wag has asked him "how are you coping without the Sky money". Of course, you wouldn't report that, much better to put he's gone off on one by himself.
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#60 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,162 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

Actually on the point above, yes I agree with you - I'd rather see the money spent on promotion of the Super League so that everyone can still benefit.
Interestingly, the article states £1m - I thought it was only half of the money that was being withheld - is this just shoddy journalism?

The point I disagree with is Khan speaking publicly about this to the media - I don't think it helps anyone, and tbh if I was an owner of another club, I'd be pretty annoyed with him publicising this kind of thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users