Cameron Smith V Keiron Cunnigham

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 934 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

In my opinion the best ever hooker from the NRL and the best ever from super league. If you had a choice to sign either for your team who would you pick?

#2 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

Is that really a question? It's obvious smith every time.

#3 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,980 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

Its Smith by a mile I'm afraid. Even though Cunningham was one of the players I used to love watching when he played, he doesn't compare too Smith

#4 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

keith elwell...........
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#5 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,162 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

David Ward.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#6 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

Jimmy Lowes.

(Actually Smith, but I'd pick Lowes ahead of Cunningham).
People called Romans they go the house

#7 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

terry newton was on a par with any i have seen, shame he is most remembered for his temper....
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

#8 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 5,993 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

Depends which Cunningham if it was the 18- 28 years old Cunningham who was powerful and also quick. Basically before his arm went I'd take him over anyone. Never the same after he dislocated his elbow but he altered his game and was still one of the best hookers in the league.

#9 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Depends what you're looking for from your hooker, Cunninham could do things on the field that Smith can only dream of and vice versa.

#10 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 934 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

Cameron Smith is a quality player but I'd go for Cunningham, both players have great core skills but Cunningham had the physical presence to go alongside this. Remember these are players who are playing in the pack, are forwards and part of this involves physically dominating the other teams forwards. Cunningham had a bit more of that than Smith.

#11 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 934 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

The best hooker pre-SL KEITH BRIDGES:)

The best since SL was the one who entertained the KPMG licensing auditors for the Catalan Dragons in Spain (2007)

CM

Sorry I've lost you.

#12 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

The best hooker pre-SL KEITH BRIDGES:)

The best since SL was the one who entertained the KPMG licensing auditors for the Catalan Dragons in Spain (2007)

CM

Keith Bridges :lol:
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#13 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,980 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Sorry I've lost you.

You arnt alone to be fair.

#14 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

Keith Bridges :lol:

featherstone if i remember correctly, not a patch on elwell of phil mckenzie......not to mention graham liptrot.

#15 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Cameron Smith easy for me, I dont even think Cunningham was the best in sl and for what its worth I think roby has turned out better
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#16 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

featherstone if i remember correctly, not a patch on elwell of phil mckenzie......not to mention graham liptrot.

Bridges was one of the best of his time and was displaced at Hull FC by Ronnie Wileman who IMO was as good as Elwell.

#17 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,734 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

Obviously Smith. He's Australian, which means he's better.
Posted Image

#18 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

featherstone if i remember correctly, not a patch on elwell of phil Mckenzie

Phil McKenzie was absolute quality, he was playing the modern day hooking role 10 years before anyone else. We had him in the twilight of his career but everything about him was sheer class. His wasn't as quick as in his Widnes prime but his quickness of thought set him apart as a truly intelligent player.

Of the 2 in the thread title Smith has the best all round game by far and would my choice. Cunningham was brilliant at what he did but can't match Smith for being a more complete player.

FWIW I think Buderus in his prime at Newcastle was on a par with either of them.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#19 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

Phil McKenzie was absolute quality, he was playing the modern day hooking role 10 years before anyone else. We had him in the twilight of his career but everything about him was sheer class. His wasn't as quick as in his Widnes prime but his quickness of thought set him apart as a truly intelligent player.

Of the 2 in the thread title Smith has the best all round game by far and would my choice. Cunningham was brilliant at what he did but can't match Smith for being a more complete player.

FWIW I think Buderus in his prime at Newcastle was on a par with either of them.

#20 trakl

trakl
  • Coach
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

How about Benny Elias - ideally with a picture of blood pouring from his head while cuddling his mum at the end of a brutal Origin game v Queensland - as better than them all?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users