Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Cameron Smith V Keiron Cunnigham

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Tex Evans Thigh

Tex Evans Thigh
  • Coach
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

But KC barely played a game against the top International sides.
He had one outstanding game
He could not play because he had problems with drugs or something
He could not play because he had the runs or an ingrowing toe nail.
He FAILED in a career that went for over a decade against top International teams.
That is a fact, and it diminishes his career.

Agree completely.

Cunningham was a fine running dummy half and devastating near the line but Smith has a much better all round game, deception, game control, kicking, technique and is now improving his running game. If I were playing Swinton in the cup Id pick Cunningham, If I was playing any sort of game involving international class players he'd have to run the water for Smith.

Just to add to that I remember a game at the KC (funnily enough) against Australia where KC didnt want to know. He went off and Micky Higham came on and ripped them up. At the time Australia didnt deal too well will running dummy halves like Roby in 2006. I think that day said a lot about KC's quality at the highest level.

Edited by Tex Evans Thigh, 18 January 2013 - 12:47 PM.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

Posted Image
MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "
Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

#42 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,461 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

You know, it is permissible to praise one player without denigrating another one. Even on the internet!

Two superb hookers, but quite different in what they brought to the game. Smith is the better all-rounder, though (IMO).

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#43 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,975 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

deleted

Edited by AndyCapp, 19 January 2013 - 01:34 AM.

#44 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

Sinfield n Smith have a lot of similaritys IMO

Great Leaders
Top Professionals
Kicking Skills
Winners

I also think when Sinfield plays hooker he plays similar to Smith n can control the game from the ruck
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users