Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

We Haaaaate Rhinos

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:50 AM

Leon Price for one,quite a few of the Leigh and Wigan players after the recent friendly,similarly Cas and Hull players after their recent game.Maybe RL players are more particular about the ball they use,after all,it's all about handling.

What a crock!

They appear to be able to catch it. If you're a professional Rugby player you should be able to catch a ball no matter what the quality of the grip is.
"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#22 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,869 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

Its a bad work man that blames his tools.

This.

Also: "rugby league players moan" is as normal as it being a bit dark outside on January mornings.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#23 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,094 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

What a crock!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OhNnc1kbVc

They appear to be able to catch it. If you're a professional Rugby player you should be able to catch a ball no matter what the quality of the grip is.

Really,I used the Rhino ball on Saturday and can confirm it's nowhere near as good as the Steeden ball,it's less grippy and lighter but what do i know.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#24 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

Really,I used the Rhino ball on Saturday and can confirm it's nowhere near as good as the Steeden ball,it's less grippy and lighter but what do i know.

Exactly. What does it matter if they're a bit lighter due to a different bladder design or have less grip? If Price complained about the grip to pre-Steeden players like Robbie Hunter-Paul or Sean Long they'd probably laugh at him and ask if the '90s were 'knock-on fests' and tell him to,work on his catching. ;-) Support British business, stuff the Aussies. ;-)

Edited by HappyDave, 28 January 2013 - 03:00 PM.

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#25 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,939 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

Maybe we should go back to heavyweight leather.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#26 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,982 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

Rhino to meet with players

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#27 Walter Ego

Walter Ego
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

It'll be fine once the players are used to it. Must admit it doesn't look as good as the Steeden balls, aesthetically or practically. I've not got quite the first hand experience with balls some of you lot seem to have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users