Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

£17 to get in

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

#1 Rarefrith

Rarefrith
  • Coach
  • 548 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

I've got a membership anyway but £17 seems very dear for Championship Rugby. Discuss.

#2 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,951 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

A 'Top of the league' team needs paying for.
I'll live wi it.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#3 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

I don't care to be honest I would pay 30 quid to watch us. At least we know the gate money goes back into the club.

#4 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

I don't care to be honest I would pay 30 quid to watch us.

Yet you moaned about paying Hunslet £16.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#5 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

:lol:
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#6 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

£18 to sit at fax.

Discuss
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#7 bigjohn

bigjohn
  • Coach
  • 975 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

Its not going to help the people we are after to come back and people will start to pick the games they watch £17.00 to watch the poorer sides will be to much for some people.

#8 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

Time to return to charging a lower fee to get in, then an additional fee to sit perhaps?

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#9 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

At least we all were well informed of the price going up and given the choice of getting a cheap membership but as already stated the quality players come at a price .

The main problem is how we attract supporters with the increased price ? Well I am sure they will be many offers like there has been the last few seasons for the games against poorer opposition
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#10 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Yeah I did and still will until every team pays the same at hunslet. Like I said I won't be attending that game just because of the principle of it.

#11 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

Yeah I did and still will until every team pays the same at hunslet. Like I said I won't be attending that game just because of the principle of it.

The Hunslet issue is a different kettle of fish. At least, we are not being discriminatory.

#12 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

The Hunslet issue is a different kettle of fish. At least, we are not being discriminatory.

Exactly. I hope therefore that we don't run any offers such as the "Ladies Day" offer of free entry for all females, or any other discriminatory offers ourselves this season. ;)

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#13 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

Exactly. I hope therefore that we don't run any offers such as the "Ladies Day" offer of free entry for all females, or any other discriminatory offers ourselves this season. ;)

Or let kids and old codgers in cheap.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#14 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

Yeah true bob and I would rather buy something from the Fev club shop and give them the 16 quid than attend a game i dont agree with. So that's what I will do when the away gear comes in.Also I'm sure their partnered club Leeds will give them the gate money they lose😉

Edited by Maureen T-k, 17 January 2013 - 10:19 PM.

#15 Rarefrith

Rarefrith
  • Coach
  • 548 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

I was meaning in terms of attracting new fans and adding to our support base ahead of the push for SL. The die hards will always go.

I just find it a strange move to put it up £2 especially when we might rely on the casuals abit more this year, as i assume memberships havent gone too well with the club not mentioning the numbers sold in the slightest for the last couple of months. They were wanting 2000 werent they? I would be surprised if we match last years 1000 which is very disappointing.

#16 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,031 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

Or let kids and old codgers in cheap.

OI ! you leave us old codgers alone :D
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#17 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

At least we all were well informed of the price going up and given the choice of getting a cheap membership but as already stated the quality players come at a price .

The main problem is how we attract supporters with the increased price ? Well I am sure they will be many offers like there has been the last few seasons for the games against poorer opposition

That seems a novel idea. Charge more for some teams and less for others. Would it work ? I bet no club would every be brave enough to try such a startling innovation. Wouldn't the bigger clubs fans be annoyed. It's deja vu n'est ce pas ? :D.

Rovers fans would never complain if say another club charged them more than fans of other clubs would they ? :D

#18 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,951 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

Francis... you've been let loose without your meds again haven't you???
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#19 rover n out

rover n out
  • Coach
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

what about a grading system
eg. leigh,fax grade A cos they bring a few
sheffield grade D cos they dont
Twenty minutes before a gig, he dons the suit and walks out as though he's on his way to a caning from the headmaster, Except its Angus that does the whipping!!

#20 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

As I see it if we want to be the best sign quality players we must contribute towards that our rival clubs at the top charged more than us last year that's the way things are Regarding whether it will bring fans back or not we will have to see but on the flip side if we charged £14 bought average players and didn't get to finals would that bring the fans back if we are lucky enough to get in the price will jump its a fact. It's one good reason to buy a season ticket (if you have the money available to do it ) and I didn't see anyone say anything over the last few seasons when it didn't go up We are getting better the club is now run professional the stadium is been upgraded it costs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users