Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

£17 to get in

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

#21 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

I was meaning in terms of attracting new fans and adding to our support base ahead of the push for SL. The die hards will always go.

I just find it a strange move to put it up £2 especially when we might rely on the casuals abit more this year, as i assume memberships havent gone too well with the club not mentioning the numbers sold in the slightest for the last couple of months. They were wanting 2000 werent they? I would be surprised if we match last years 1000 which is very disappointing.

I see what you mean as this seasons attendances will probably be the ones that we use in our licence application. Or maybe memberships etc are selling well so they have decided to up the admission prices. Honestly I don't know but the BOD will have a good idea on the attendance application bit I'm sure. But maybe we have already been given the green light for SL so why not cash in.( Just throwing a few ideas into the pot as our BOD are not daft they know we need the attendance box ticking I'm sure they have covered it some way or another).

#22 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

what about a grading system
eg. leigh,fax grade A cos they bring a few
sheffield grade D cos they dont

I like it !!! :lol:
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#23 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,951 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

As I see it if we want to be the best sign quality players we must contribute towards that our rival clubs at the top charged more than us last year that's the way things are Regarding whether it will bring fans back or not we will have to see but on the flip side if we charged £14 bought average players and didn't get to finals would that bring the fans back if we are lucky enough to get in the price will jump its a fact. It's one good reason to buy a season ticket (if you have the money available to do it ) and I didn't see anyone say anything over the last few seasons when it didn't go up We are getting better the club is now run professional the stadium is been upgraded it costs

couldnt agree more jt.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#24 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Make it £20, I'm a life member :P
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#25 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

I see what you mean as this seasons attendances will probably be the ones that we use in our licence application. Or maybe memberships etc are selling well so they have decided to up the admission prices. Honestly I don't know but the BOD will have a good idea on the attendance application bit I'm sure. But maybe we have already been given the green light for SL so why not cash in.( Just throwing a few ideas into the pot as our BOD are not daft they know we need the attendance box ticking I'm sure they have covered it some way or another).

Well Gaz you are one confident Fev fan aren't you. :lol:

#26 frankj

frankj
  • Coach
  • 406 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

Why not change different amounts for different teams as many football teams do. Seems to work for them, why not in RL

Edited by frankj, 17 January 2013 - 06:39 PM.

#27 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Well Gaz you are one confident Fev fan aren't you. :lol:

I wish I was just throwing a few ideas about. But to be honest frank I think SL is a closed shop unless you fit the expansion bracket. I don't think a champ club will break that mould but I really do hope I'm wrong.

#28 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

Agree with you there.

Franchising/licenscing was always a recipe for the game's stagnation in its' heartlands.

Will have to be scrapped soon then we can get back to a sport where we are taken seriously again.

There are at least 5 current non relegation clubs who are playing friendlies effectively every time their teams run out to play another non relegation league club.

#29 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

Agree with you there.

Franchising/licenscing was always a recipe for the game's stagnation in its' heartlands.

Will have to be scrapped soon then we can get back to a sport where we are taken seriously again.

There are at least 5 current non relegation clubs who are playing friendlies effectively every time their teams run out to play another non relegation league club.

Spot on frank and they wonder why they can't get more people to attend the games.

#30 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

£17 is more than reasonable in my humble opinion.

It would be very dangerous to follow the Bradford route and give our product away, we should be building a "premium" brand. We will gain nothing by racing to the bottom and being regarded as "cheap".

Essentially, you get what you pay for. Pay peanuts, get monkeys. Pay a premium, get a quality product.

#31 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

Why not change different amounts for different teams as many football teams do. Seems to work for them, why not in RL

Because that would be discriminatory, and the whippet worriers would go mental.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#32 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

£17 in ?

way way over priced

wont be going to your place this season and funding your greedy coffers
its championship rugby..not champions league

sooner your gone to super league the better
who would have thought a little hamlet in wakefield would charge rip off prices for second tier rugby.....shocking your board should be ashamed.

#33 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Could be worse. Rumour has it that Cas have changed their pricing structure for the 2013 season: free entry for all, £20 to get back out. :lol:

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#34 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,951 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

£17 in ?

way way over priced

wont be going to your place this season and funding your greedy coffers
its championship rugby..not champions league

sooner your gone to super league the better
who would have thought a little hamlet in wakefield would charge rip off prices for second tier rugby.....shocking your board should be ashamed.

Coolie... that's very disappointing by your standard. Surely you've got better than that???

#35 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

Take it you miss a few away games then

#36 hunslets iggy pop

hunslets iggy pop
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

what about a grading system
eg. leigh,fax grade A cos they bring a few
sheffield grade D cos they dont

Great post Rover n out.
I will be at Fev this year and if 10 more Huns fans join me, ( which we will ) we will bring more support than Sheffield.
The Killing Joke's on Griff. :lol:

#37 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

Great post Rover n out.
I will be at Fev this year and if 10 more Huns fans join me, ( which we will ) we will bring more support than Sheffield.
The Killing Joke's on Griff. :lol:

You reckon ? :huh:
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#38 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,951 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

You reckon ? :huh:

well most of us laugh at thi richie lad, so happen it is!! :lol:

#39 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

Robin the game of rugby league was foundered
by the working man for the working man
you my friend maybe still living on your lavish
payoffs from the mining industry...
but the rest of the world are scraping a living together...just to survive
i dont drink or smoke...and rugby is one of the few pleasures left for enjoyment you can afford.
supporting your team has been a big part of my life for the last forty odd years...i will continue
to support my team..but i will not support yours by been mugged at the turnstyle...maybe if you didnt have 150 players signed on..admission prices would reflect the product.
cant wait to hear the fev fans bleeting when paying £25 to watch a super duper league game.
rugby league is a big wheel sometimes on top sometimes on the bottom...you might think your on top...but halifax & recently sheffield that having the biggest bank account dont put trophies in the cabinet...and when the wheels fall off...and they will...youll have the biggest debts.

#40 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

Robin the game of rugby league was foundered
by the working man for the working man
you my friend maybe still living on your lavish
payoffs from the mining industry...
but the rest of the world are scraping a living together...just to survive
i dont drink or smoke...and rugby is one of the few pleasures left for enjoyment you can afford.
supporting your team has been a big part of my life for the last forty odd years...i will continue
to support my team..but i will not support yours by been mugged at the turnstyle...maybe if you didnt have 150 players signed on..admission prices would reflect the product.
cant wait to hear the fev fans bleeting when paying £25 to watch a super duper league game.
rugby league is a big wheel sometimes on top sometimes on the bottom...you might think your on top...but halifax & recently sheffield that having the biggest bank account dont put trophies in the cabinet...and when the wheels fall off...and they will...youll have the biggest debts.

oh dear....................... ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users