Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

£17 to get in

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

#41 Leyther_Matt

Leyther_Matt
  • Coach
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

Is there a discount for pre-buying tickets? Dare say £17 won't be too different from the norm in the Championship - the prices are definitely creeping up across the board, but how else are clubs supposed to try and meet running costs? Would be interesting to see the prices from every club in the league; would certainly be helpful to have them listed on the Championship website.

#42 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

Is there a discount for pre-buying tickets? Dare say £17 won't be too different from the norm in the Championship - the prices are definitely creeping up across the board, but how else are clubs supposed to try and meet running costs? Would be interesting to see the prices from every club in the league; would certainly be helpful to have them listed on the Championship website.

Your right matt and I think we are the most expensive to watch this season but I'm sure the top clubs in our league will charge between 15 and 17 quid anyway so what's a couple of quid. Like I said the top clubs will charge that unlike coolies club who should be paying them to watch that drivel. ( see what I did coolie I took your bait and threw it right back at you) 😄😄😄

#43 Leyther_Matt

Leyther_Matt
  • Coach
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

Your right matt and I think we are the most expensive to watch this season but I'm sure the top clubs in our league will charge between 15 and 17 quid anyway so what's a couple of quid. Like I said the top clubs will charge that unlike coolies club who should be paying them to watch that drivel. ( see what I did coolie I took your bait and threw it right back at you)

I'm a season ticket holder at Leyth so not 100% on our prices, but I've got a feeling it's £16 standing, £18 seating. Par for the course, it seems. Only a quid for under 12's and £3ish for under 16's though so at least it was recognised to reduce kids prices from what was previously about £7 from memory.

#44 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,906 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

you my friend maybe still living on your lavish
payoffs from the mining industry...

:lol: :lol: Jesus H Coolie. I'm a nurse. Absolutely rolling in it I am!! I'm on bankers bonus pay me!!!!! :lol: :lol:

How much is it in at Dews this season?
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#45 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

When our discounted ( pre October) membership/season ticket prices were on offer they were CHEAPER than the cost of a season ticket at York RL.

All things considered you have to say a huge bargain.

The discussion was mainly regarding the problem of attracting the new/occasional or away supporter to the games, for the last few seasons the B.O.D have offered many incentives to ensure everyone is catered for.

Maybe with more memberships sold at lower prices i.e. money in the bank & wages paid, it enables the club to offer more discounts/offers to the less frequent supporters .

Not many away supporters attend anyway but them that do at least know they are in for a fantastic day and entertaining game, and don t forget the great welcome they all receive in The Lagoon and Atrium bars, that s worth any bodys £17.

Another fantastic season of highs and lows ahead, bring it on :D :D :D
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#46 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

Surprising how many of the moaners from other clubs kept their traps shut last year when we let their season ticket holders in for only a tenner.

Shockin that offer, ripping them off like that!
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#47 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,906 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Ahhhh thanks jimmy b for the edit.

#48 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,810 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

Cant understand what all the fuss is about, it's up to each club to set a price that they think will pay all expenses and is going to atract fans from away as well as the home fans, if you dont like paying the oppersitions prices to watch your team then stop at home.

#49 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,906 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

Cant understand what all the fuss is about, it's up to each club to set a price that they think will pay all expenses and is going to atract fans from away as well as the home fans, if you dont like paying the oppersitions prices to watch your team then stop at home.

couldn't agree more ows cock! :lol:

#50 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Surprising how many of the moaners from other clubs kept their traps shut last year when we let their season ticket holders in for only a tenner.

Surely that was discrimination against the non season ticket holders?

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#51 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,150 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Surely that was discrimination against the non season ticket holders?

There is some form of discrimination in what ever deal you set up
Im Fev and im proud

#52 ProBono

ProBono
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

2013 Ticket Prices

Sheffield Eagles
£15/£10/£5
Pre- purchased (online):
£13/£8/£5

Dewsbury Rams
Seated (North Stand)
£15/£9/£9
Standing (South Stand)
£13/£7/£7

Batley Bulldogs
£15/£10/£3

Doncaster RLFC
£15/£12/£3

Leigh Centurions
£16/£8/£5/(U12)£1
Pre-purchased
£14/£7/£5/(U12)£1

Hunslet Hawks
Category A:£16/£8/£3
Category B:£14/£7/£3
Category C:£12/£6/£3

Category A: Featherstone Rovers, Halifax RLFC, Leigh Centurions, York City Knights
Category B: Batley Bulldogs, Dewsbury Rams, Keighley Cougars, Swinton Lions
Category C: Barrow Raiders, Doncaster RLFC, Whitehaven RLFC, Workington Town, Sheffield Eagles

#53 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,681 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

So at hunslet its £12 to watch the champions

and £16 to watch the also rans but might bring a few fans

and £14 for the 2 closest teams to hunslet

whoever had this kinda football mentality about
rugby games deserves a big pat on the back..tool

#54 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

So at hunslet its £12 to watch the champions

and £16 to watch the also rans but might bring a few fans

and £14 for the 2 closest teams to hunslet

whoever had this kinda football mentality about
rugby games deserves a big pat on the back..tool

Makes perfect sense to me. They're charging what they think the market dictates in order to get decent crowds in and make a decent bit of income at the same time. I hope it works out well for them.

I also think £17 is perfectly reasonable at Fev too. You get what you pay for!
Posted Image

#55 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,681 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

Gav i never expect nothing less when you open ya kissass gob mate.

we will agree to disagree ;)

#56 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Charming.
Posted Image

#57 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,681 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

Gav rugby league is supposed to be one big family
you start making divisions in that it no longer becomes as one does it..cant start saying "oh your not gonna bring fans in so we are not interested cos you dont make us money"

thats the path super league went down when it looks down its nose at the championship.

youll be want special entrances for poor people next...

rugby league is for the people played by the people supported by the people...you take rugby league down the road of football at your peril.

the game outside the M62 corridor aint as huge as redhall makes out...and never will compete with rugby union country wide.

sometimes you just gotta except the reality of things mr gav ;)

#58 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

Gav rugby league is supposed to be one big family
you start making divisions in that it no longer becomes as one does it..cant start saying "oh your not gonna bring fans in so we are not interested cos you dont make us money"

thats the path super league went down when it looks down its nose at the championship.

youll be want special entrances for poor people next...

rugby league is for the people played by the people supported by the people...you take rugby league down the road of football at your peril.

the game outside the M62 corridor aint as huge as redhall makes out...and never will compete with rugby union country wide.

sometimes you just gotta except the reality of things mr gav ;)

Ticket at Featherstone: £17.
Ticket at Leeds United: £36.

I think we're still some way off football prices just yet.
Posted Image

#59 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,681 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Ticket at Featherstone: £17.
Ticket at Leeds United: £36.

I think we're still some way off football prices just yet.

Leeds United 50p in the boys pen when i went mate!!! £35 now

the rugby prices will get up there...so theres no rush pushing the boundarys there before time ;)

#60 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Leeds United 50p in the boys pen when i went mate!!! £35 now

the rugby prices will get up there...so theres no rush pushing the boundarys there before time ;)

Would you rather the clubs pay their staff and bills with brass buttons instead?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users