Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

£17 to get in

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

#61 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

Would you rather the clubs pay their staff and bills with brass buttons instead?

i would rather see a common sense approach to finance

too many clubs spend spend spend halifax,leigh,salford,wakefield,castleford,bradford in recent times and a
few more in trouble,safe guards are said to be in place by the RFL to say this wont happen...but time again it is.
maybe team are upping their prices to cover the secret payments to players that goes on...and before you jump in...
you know it happens at most clubs...
i want rugby league to be here in a 100 years time strong & entertaining,not the live now and jigger tomorrow that modern life is all about.

Edit use of foul and abusive language

Edited by Maureen T-k, 20 January 2013 - 04:51 PM.

#62 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

i would rather see a common sense approach to finance

too many clubs spend spend spend halifax,leigh,salford,wakefield,castleford,bradford in recent times and a
few more in trouble,safe guards are said to be in place by the RFL to say this wont happen...but time again it is.
maybe team are upping their prices to cover the secret payments to players that goes on...and before you jump in...
you know it happens at most clubs...
i want rugby league to be here in a 100 years time strong & entertaining,not the live now and jigger tomorrow that modern life is all about.

Thats a pretty libellous comment you have just posted. I assume you have some solid evidence for that claim? If I were you I would either put up or shut up.

£17 is more than reasonable for a rugby match at a top club in 2013.

Edited by Maureen T-k, 20 January 2013 - 04:46 PM.

Posted Image

#63 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Are You really as naive to think it dont !!!!!

You need to attend the university of life a bit
longer young jedi...cos the big bad world is gonna be horrible when the pink sparkly mist starts to fade & the rose tinted glasses get cleaned mate

as for proof
i dont have to prove its monday tomorrow i dont have to prove xmas day is on the 25th dec..

why because we all know it does...you prove the tooth fairy and santa clause and aliens dont exist
and then i prove clubs do....that should be interesting ;)

#64 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

You have no proof to back up your libellous comment then. I thought as much.
Posted Image

#65 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

so i have to prove the urban myth of secret/illegal payments in rugby league...that will be a tough one

so i have to prove any rugby league team has made an secret/illegal payment in the history of rugby league...wow thats a real toughie ;)

http://www.guardian....torm-salary-cap

oops...

now run along wipe your tears and heres a big lollipop for your trouble...and when you get a big boy thats the only time youll realise
you dont know it all at your age ;)...and you should have listen to the old peoples advice on life ;)

i'll be sat in the smug watching you eat humble pie through the window master gav ;)

Edited by Maureen T-k, 20 January 2013 - 04:45 PM.

#66 Jimmy B

Jimmy B
  • 593 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Can we stick to the topic of this thread and not get personal please.

Jimmy B
Lets not forget, Featherstone Rovers is a RUGBY club.

#67 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

If you want to watch your team you will pay to do that no matter what, il be at ALL away grounds next season paying whatever the entrance fee is because I love my club (Hunslet RLFC) and I want to support them where ever they play.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#68 Leyther_Matt

Leyther_Matt
  • Coach
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

Ticket at Featherstone: £17.
Ticket at Leeds United: £36.

I think we're still some way off football prices just yet.

Extreme example there Gav.

Seated ticket at Leigh Centurions: £18
Seated ticket at Wigan Athletic: £20.

That's the worry (thankfully there are no Latics fans in Leigh, but the point still stands).

Edited by Maureen T-k, 21 January 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#69 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

Extreme example there Gav.

Seated ticket at Leigh Centurions: £18
Seated ticket at Wigan Athletic: £20.

That's the worry (thankfully there are no Latics fans in Leigh, but the point still stands).

Aye, but how many West Yorkshire folk are going to go to Wigan to watch a football match?

;)

Edited by Maureen T-k, 21 January 2013 - 03:56 PM.

Posted Image

#70 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Aye, but how many West Yorkshire folk are going to go to Wigan to watch a football match?

;)

Too true there all sat in the pubs wearing their Man, U, tops.

#71 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,038 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

£17 is more than reasonable in my humble opinion.

It would be very dangerous to follow the Bradford route and give our product away, we should be building a "premium" brand. We will gain nothing by racing to the bottom and being regarded as "cheap".

Essentially, you get what you pay for. Pay peanuts, get monkeys. Pay a premium, get a quality product.

Your 100% right.

#72 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,038 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

Ya pays ya money, ya takes ya choice.
If the extra £2 to get in at Fev (as opposed to say Dews) is having too much impact on personal finances, family budgets or just simple ar_seyness of any individuals with the hump on, jealousy of rovers OR just wishing to abstain... c'est la vie, we'll have to do without their entrance fee.

If any Rovers fans choose not to visit Hunslet because they perceive they are being discriminated against, c'est la vie. Hunslet will have to do without their cash! - I have to say, I can't for the like of me understand why one would make that stance, but each to their own!!
I will be at the SLS talking cobblers with the Brethren and shouting the lads on regardless of Hunslet's charging policy.

I really don't get this thread....

If anyone doesn't want to go anywhere for whatever reason.....DON'T!!!!

Edited by Robin Evans, 21 January 2013 - 03:26 PM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#73 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,196 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Thread closed
Im Fev and im proud