Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Tour de France 2014 via Yorkshire

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

Hebden Bridge to Blackstone Edge clear at 7.30. A tad parky though.

Was getting white on the reverse journey at 4.30. Not heavy snow but blowing all over the place as usual, so the roads are covering. It's -3c here and I'd say a fairly strong wind chill too.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#42 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

I see stage 2 passes through Holmfirth. I assume they will respect local traditions, and tackle the hilly roads, not on fancy-dan pushbikes, but in tin baths with wheels.

As far as the locals are concerned, a fancy-dan pushbike is one with both wheels the same size.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#43 amh

amh
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

Here's a 10min video done by Halifax courier which shows part of Stage 2 from Oxenhope Moor up to Ainley Top roundabout on the M62 border of Huddersfield - was hoping they went further so I could spot our bit - but these Yorkshire folk are very parochial
http://www.halifaxco...rce=twitterfeed

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#44 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,618 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

I will be there in my winnebago Citroen Berlingo.

It still hasn't come closer than a ten minute drive from me in the ten years I've had this gaff.

No!!!!!!!!!! Not a Berlingo!!!!! Tell us it ain't so!!!! You aren't a vegetarian as well?

Edited by JohnM, 20 January 2013 - 09:45 AM.

#45 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

Relax John.....

Its a little white van, purchased for verisimilitude. You can't live in a french rural community without owning a little white van.

It is of course regularly chez le mecano.
In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#46 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,618 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

Phew,that's ok then! In the early 1970s in Geneva I had the "pleasure" of driving a Renault 4 van with a twist and thrust gearlever that projected from the dash. The roof section above the rear door hinged upwards to give extra clearance. Onr day, on site, i reached almost 80 km\hour.

#47 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

http://www.britishcy...ire-stage_2.jpgWe live 5 mins walk from the route - so excited for Sunday 6th July 2014 B) B)

Timtum always said if you get chance to come over, but now they're coming to us Whayhey!!

We have room for 16 motorhomes at the back of us :D

Seems from that to be going across the Woodhead pass, down through Stocksbridge, then on a little loop around some of the grimmest bits of Sheffield - that'll show the best of Yorkshire to the World :lol:

Have been to a few cycling events with my brother, and we've already earmarked that weekend to go and visit the parents and take in the Tour :D Don't think I ever imagined that I'd see the Tour in Sheffield in my lifetime. I did once get taken to see the Milk Race pass through Sheffield in the 1980s though. I have hazy memories of watching it go down the street that Atkinson's is on, at the back of the Moor. I may have imagined this, though.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users