- - - - -

17 quid to get in at Featherstone

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic

#1 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

god knows what they,d say if we charged that. Plus you,ll pay to park the car on top of that.
Posted Image

#2 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,973 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

I wouldn't say a dickie bird, neither woukd most of the brethren.
What irks (some) rovers fans is that they are to be charged more than fans of other clubs to visit the sls.... but you know that.
As result I know a few who won't visit. Im not one of them but there will indeed be some absentees.
Each to their own stance eh?
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#3 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

You have to pay for quality, Robin. :lol:
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#4 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 438 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

Nice to see that when featherstone do any promotions to gain more fans into games it is praised, even though it is touching on the law and have one rule for Men and another for Women.
Surprising reading through the below,some fans who brandished Hunslet as a disgrace and felt discriminated against, fully support when Featherstone had the idea of only Charging Men but women gain free entry.

http://www.totalrl.c...may-ladies-day/

#5 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,973 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

You makes your plans. You takes your choice.
If what fev offer isn't to your liking, and I realise you haven't declared either way, then don't come. Easy.
Similarly, if fev fans don't agree with what hunslet do - and I really don't give a toss, then they won't come!! Easy.
I don't see what the fuss is here?
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#6 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

I remember Hunslet announcing there price structure and I commented then that it didn't bother me its your club you do what you believe is right for your club As for people not going its up to them at the end of the day I support Fev Rovers and if Hunslet or any other club charged £20 I would go because I support Fev and want to cheer the players on. Each to there own

Good luck next season Hunslet i will be at SLS when we play you and I hope you lot come to support Hunslet when you play us

#7 hunslets iggy pop

hunslets iggy pop
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

You have to pay for quality, Robin. :lol:

So, when I go to watch Huns away at Sheffield this season, when your Stadium is closed down , as The BBC Look North tells us this week it will be, as Sheffield council has no money to sustain it. Where will we see your quality. A park at the side of Meadowhall perhaps. Lets always remember Sheffield, sadly will always be a football city,

#8 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

So, when I go to watch Huns away at Sheffield this season, when your Stadium is closed down , as The BBC Look North tells us this week it will be, as Sheffield council has no money to sustain it. Where will we see your quality. A park at the side of Meadowhall perhaps. Lets always remember Sheffield, sadly will always be a football city,

Are you on some sort of hallucinogenic substance ?

Where did that come from ? :mellow:

Edited by Griff, 19 January 2013 - 09:39 AM.

#9 number9

number9
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

Didn't sheffield win the grand final last year?

#10 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

Didn't sheffield win the grand final last year?

Is that relevant ? :mellow: I'm at a loss here. :huh:

#11 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

Is that relevant ? :mellow: I'm at a loss here. :huh:

Did'nt know you supported Sheffield Griff....... :blink:

#12 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Did'nt know you supported Sheffield Griff....... :blink:

Bit of a surprise ? :mellow:

Thought it was pretty well known.

#13 hunslets iggy pop

hunslets iggy pop
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:03 AM

Are you on some sort of hallucinogenic substance ?

Where did that come from ? :mellow:

It came from Look North , I think it was Wednesday night, Jessica Ennis talking about, the Don Valley stadium being shut down , as Sheffield council no longer being able to fund it.

#14 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

It came from Look North , I think it was Wednesday night, Jessica Ennis talking about, the Don Valley stadium being shut down , as Sheffield council no longer being able to fund it.

Well, I was thinking of the source of the off-topic bile, actually. But, as you ask ....

1. No decision's been taken yet.

2. Jess Ennis may well prove to be a significant campaigner.

3. It won't happen this year anyway.

4. If it does happen, we'll find somewhere else, no doubt. We've been homeless before. As have Hunslet.

5. As a tenant of a council-run stadium, it could never happen to Hunslet. Or could it ......... ? :mellow: :huh:

#15 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

Let's always remember Sheffield, sadly will always be a football city,

Tell me what town or city isn't a football town or city these days.

Edited by Griff, 21 January 2013 - 10:20 AM.

#16 jayemm

jayemm
  • Coach
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

Castleford,Featherstone,Wakefield,Workington,Batley,Barrow,Whitehaven,Hull,Warrington.
To name a few.

#17 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

Castleford,Featherstone,Wakefield,Workington,Batley,Barrow,Whitehaven,Hull,Warrington.
To name a few.

No, they're not. They're just places where they have Rugby League teams but no soccer team. Doesn't mean that there aren't any soccer fans living there.

#18 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

No, they're not. They're just places where they have Rugby League teams but no soccer team. Doesn't mean that there aren't any soccer fans living there.

Hull are 3rd in the Championship, but Hull is a city not a town anyway, and Barrow & Workington both have semi pro football teams?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#19 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

So there are three places in the UK that are rugby towns ?

Great.

#20 hunslets iggy pop

hunslets iggy pop
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

Tell me what town or city isn't a football town or city these days.

Well Griff, what I mean by Sheffield being a football city is, the support for football is football only, not like Wigan, Hull ,or Leeds, who get decent crowds, unlike you do.

You won the Grand Final last season, and Challenge cup about 15 years ago, against the best club in the land at that time brilliant. Yet you still cannot without doubt get the support you deserve. ( Honest I wish you could )

So why's that then, sadly again as I said Sheffield is a moronic football city.

It don't help when the Sheffield Star . I think that's your daily paper , which don't give you any coverage in the local evening paper, as I remember reading it not so long ago when I used to go out with a girl from Sheffield , and used to read the small column of Sheff Eagles in it, inside back page if I remember.

The lack of rugby league in the paper, in fact it was even worse than Hunslet coverage in the Evening Post, and that's saying something .

I don't get any pleasure from saying this, as I love Rugby League, and I will never get why anyone in their right mind, would like and support the pampered millionaire players, who don't give a monkeys for anyone but themselves, but a lot of people still love these vile players and will support their club whatever, whatever they charge to get in to see their team, when they should have packed football in for good, through seeing these things.

Even people on these Rugby League Forums, strangely enough cannot ditch football.

So as I said Griff, sadly Sheffield = Football only.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users