Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

17 quid to get in at Featherstone

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic

#61 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

Why would I won't to be where wakey or c@s are? We have lost 4 games in three seasons in the league what have they done in 3 seasons? But I will tell you if we do get into SL we won't be in it just to make the numbers up like you are doing now in the champ. You are petty I care for the game and its clubs this system will eventually destroy the game outside of SL but like you have stated we will be in SL when you don't exist.Also let me know who as signed for c@s or wakey from us in the last 5 years please? I will tell you none.

Course you will your might fev. Better than any other team in the country. You deserve to be in super league just cause your fev, I'm sure you'll be top 2-3 in your 1st season just cause your fev. I'm sure ever super league team will aspire to be you cause you fev.........dream on pal your just the same as us, but you've got more fans cause there's nowt else to do in your village on a sunday
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#62 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

Course you will your might fev. Better than any other team in the country. You deserve to be in super league just cause your fev, I'm sure you'll be top 2-3 in your 1st season just cause your fev. I'm sure ever super league team will aspire to be you cause you fev.........dream on pal your just the same as us, but you've got more fans cause there's nowt else to do in your village on a sunday

Grow up! We were in champ 1 and we still had more fans than you. Fev fans don't just come from Fev you know.

#63 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

Ben Cockeyne Gaz for starters
Posted Image

#64 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

Grow up! We were in champ 1 and we still had more fans than you. Fev fans don't just come from Fev you know.

Grow up!!!!! Patronising once again, in not carrying on pal your the 1 kicking off on a hunslet forum about who we sign. This isn't a fev forum

#65 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

Ben Cockeyne Gaz for starters

Yeah but he wasn't a young player and he only came to us for a few months anyway.

Edited by thundergaz, 06 February 2013 - 11:45 PM.

#66 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

Grow up!!!!! Patronising once again, in not carrying on pal your the 1 kicking off on a hunslet forum about who we sign. This isn't a fev forum

Macca I don't care who hunslet sign on DR I'm more worried where the system is heading than if you have burrows and sinfield etc for one game. I just hope your club is here in 5 years time that's all.My concerns are for the game and its champ clubs I would rather the rhinos go bust than hunslet doesn't that tell you how I feel about your club and other champ clubs? I will leave you link up clubs to get on with it.

Edited by thundergaz, 06 February 2013 - 11:51 PM.

#67 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

Why would I want to be where wakey or c@s are? We have lost 4 games in three seasons in the league what have they done in 3 seasons? But I will tell you if we do get into SL we won't be in it just to make the numbers up like you are doing now in the champ. You are petty I care for the game and its clubs this system will eventually destroy the game outside of SL but like you have stated we will be in SL when you don't exist.Also let me know who as signed for c@s or wakey from us in the last 5 years please? I will tell you none.

Utter nonsense again

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#68 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 374 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

Yeah but he wasn't a young player and he only came to us for a few months anyway.

Ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!
Excuse after excuse you lot make me laugh !!!!!
You've done it end of !!!!!
Don't care what you think .
Bye bye !!!!!!!!!

#69 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,905 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

Macca I don't care who hunslet sign on DR I'm more worried where the system is heading than if you have burrows and sinfield etc for one game. I just hope your club is here in 5 years time that's all.My concerns are for the game and its champ clubs I would rather the rhinos go bust than hunslet doesn't that tell you how I feel about your club and other champ clubs? I will leave you link up clubs to get on with it.

Give it a rest Gaz ffs!!!!!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#70 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,905 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:44 AM

The issue with DR is purely subjective.
As I posted on another forum, when fev were on their botties a few years ago (pre mark campbell et al), we had just come out of admin without a nail to scratch our botties with! Losing to Hunslet and Dews back then was a common occurrence. We've kick on a bit since then.
IF DR had been brought in in 2004-5 I would have been vociferous in my opposition to it. I still am - because I think the concept is sheeeite and it is bad for the game.
But because Fev are now doing ok, my thoughts, feelings and comments are at risk of being interpreted as condescending, ambivalent or patronising to other clubs..... which they aren't.
This thread has morphed. Originally it was about the entrance fee to Fev viz comments levelled at Hunslet re their pricing structure. My thoughts on that are simple... I'll be at Hunslet come what may.
It now appears to be about DR.... My thoughts on that are fairly obvious.... not that it matters either way like

#71 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

The issue with DR is purely subjective.
As I posted on another forum, when fev were on their botties a few years ago (pre mark campbell et al), we had just come out of admin without a nail to scratch our botties with! Losing to Hunslet and Dews back then was a common occurrence. We've kick on a bit since then.
IF DR had been brought in in 2004-5 I would have been vociferous in my opposition to it. I still am - because I think the concept is sheeeite and it is bad for the game.
But because Fev are now doing ok, my thoughts, feelings and comments are at risk of being interpreted as condescending, ambivalent or patronising to other clubs..... which they aren't.
This thread has morphed. Originally it was about the entrance fee to Fev viz comments levelled at Hunslet re their pricing structure. My thoughts on that are simple... I'll be at Hunslet come what may.
It now appears to be about DR.... My thoughts on that are fairly obvious.... not that it matters either way like

Great post robin. At last a bit of sense about the matter, if you don't need to use it then don't

#72 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,431 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

You just don't get it either do you? I guess you don't with you being a feeder club too. We've been there seen it and did everything to stop it. Just carry on you will see what I mean when it all goes boom.

Sadly I do, and do not need you or anyone else to inform me of the pitfalls of the system. I sincerely wish my club had not entered into an agreement, but they have. Little I can do about it other than remove my support, which isn't an option for me (unlike others who may want to strop off to a local SL team) or make my feelings clear to the people who are in a position to make the decisions, which I have. I and other supporters who have been around this sport for a significant time, do not need people taking a 'holier than though' attitude that comes across at best as ignorant, at patronising and arrogant at worst and does your club no favours at all, as you are then seen as a representative of the average supporter of your club.
Try to display a little empathy and show some understanding of others. If you do not know what empathy means, pm me and I will explain! (That's patronising too!!)
Oh and to end, if this was seven or eight years ago, I reckon it is a pretty safe bet that your club would have entered into an agreement with a local club. What would you have done in that circumstance?

#73 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,905 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

Oh and to end, if this was seven or eight years ago, I reckon it is a pretty safe bet that your club would have entered into an agreement with a local club. What would you have done in that circumstance?

I would bloody well hope not DD but I agree with you, I bet we would have! and I would still be vehemently opposed to it.
I just think the whole system stifles opportunities for players and will be disasterous for the game longer term. Like I said above, I'm trying to avoid coming across in the way that you mention as my club are fortunate (for the moment at least) not to have to utilise the system as an option.

#74 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

Sooner live in a village any day than that shitole south Leeds PAL, how old are you 10 because embracing a tie up with Leeds your not a propa Hunslet fan, its embarassing to a lot of real Hunslet fans i know, just read Brian Macs statement about releasing the latest 2 players to you, there using you old lad plain and simple

Edited by LOWFIELD, 07 February 2013 - 10:05 AM.

#75 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

Sadly I do, and do not need you or anyone else to inform me of the pitfalls of the system. I sincerely wish my club had not entered into an agreement, but they have. Little I can do about it other than remove my support, which isn't an option for me (unlike others who may want to strop off to a local SL team) or make my feelings clear to the people who are in a position to make the decisions, which I have. I and other supporters who have been around this sport for a significant time, do not need people taking a 'holier than though' attitude that comes across at best as ignorant, at patronising and arrogant at worst and does your club no favours at all, as you are then seen as a representative of the average supporter of your club.
Try to display a little empathy and show some understanding of others. If you do not know what empathy means, pm me and I will explain! (That's patronising too!!)

Your club do not need to do it though and that is the problem i have with all this, they did well last year and believe me you could bring in Johnathon thurston for 1 game and it wouldnt make much difference, just drafting the odd player in for the odd game who doesnt know your systems is a waste of time just look at Swinton last week, there is 1 winner in all this and that is the super league club, who get there players who believe me wont put it in game time. Non of the championship clubs need to do this at all the comp was fine without it

#76 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

I go home and away with my club mate so I'd say that makes me pretty much a fan of hunslet wouldn't you?? I'm not embracing any link up but if its what it takes for hunslet to survive then it needs to be done I'm afraid...... When did fev be one a desirable place to live?

#77 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

Sooner live in a village any day than that shitole south Leeds PAL, how old are you 10 because embracing a tie up with Leeds your not a propa Hunslet fan, its embarassing to a lot of real Hunslet fans i know, just read Brian Macs statement about releasing the latest 2 players to you, there using you old lad plain and simple

Your forgetting that the big clubs like Leeds sign a lot of the Hunslet lads up when there 14 ish , so who's feeding who , of the top of my head , who are from Hunslet area , Gary Schofield , Mick Shoebottom , David Cresser , Macentosh Brothers , and many more Paul Mcshane , jordan Baldwinson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users