Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

RFL

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#41 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

super leagues " official" bingo partner....:lol:

i am now worried the powers that be are turning our sport into a joke

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#42 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,888 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

super leagues " official" bingo partner....:lol:

i am now worried the powers that be are turning our sport into a joke

bingo as an industry has shown massive growth in the last ten years, no shame involved, it's a game enjoyed by millions, and I'm assuming this the first example in the multi sponsor approach. I personally approve, and after that is what's important ;)
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#43 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,888 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

http://www.therfl.co...e-just-got-foxy
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#44 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,022 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

see here The game is thought to have begun in Italy in the 1500s. Bingo is believed to have migrated to France, Great Britain, and other parts of Europe in the 1700s.[ Players mark off numbers on a ticket as they are randomly called out, in order to achieve a winning combination. Bingo originates from the Italian lottery, Il Gioco del Lotto d'Italia. From Italy, the game spread to France and was known as Le Lotto, played by the French aristocracy. Tombola was used in nineteenth-century Germany as an educational tool to teach children multiplication tables, spelling, and even history.

#45 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,022 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

The SL, of course, do what is best for SL and the rest of the game, Chanpionships, amateurs, internationals, anybody not SL, gets left out of plans for the future.

Hardly a fair representation. Of course, if the of the game did not agree with what was being done, they could always try win the argument or maybe do something about it themselves. No, I rather think rest of the game is quite happy to bask in the reflected glory of SuperLeague..or might even strive to join,

#46 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Nigel Wood and Ralph Rimmer have had enough time to show that they are the right people to lead our game in to a positive future. For me they are not the right people. I see no clear vision of where the game, both at Pro Level and Grassroots, aims to go under Wood and Rimmer and how exactly its going to get there. The game is at a crossroads right now and needs a strong leadership from the RFL. The administration of the game is simply not good enough. Wood seems to think all is well in the game or thats how his spin articles come across.

The Sponsorship is tough and I dont think the RFL can be completely blamed for not having Sponsors on board. The financial world is in a mess and the future bleak. So I wont criticize them for that. The poor Media presence doesnt help and neither does the way SL clubs like Bradford, Crusaders and Salford have managed to give a very negative picture of SL and the game. The negative publicity recently about SL clubs cutting academy teams and teams claiming they are struggling, if not deep in debt, hardly helps the RFL find a Sponsor willing to pay out millions.The RFL needs to administer the game way better than it does. Good bye Wood and Rimmer lets get some new people in. Maybe somebody like Noble, Sculthorpe etc who have good contacts and understanding of both Pro and Grassroots level should be involved alongside a Sports administrator like Lewis, who brought lots of money and sponsors in to the game and certainly helped the game in Europe. Lets have a review of all areas of the game and have a framework in place for ALL areas of the game and have a plan of what we want for the next 5-10 years and how we will achieve it.

#47 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,022 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

"I see no clear vision of where the game, both at Pro Level and Grassroots, aims to go under Wood and Rimmer and how exactly its going to get there" Serious question,:Why do you need to know? the season has not yet begun. We know the fixtures, we know the rules, we know the broadcasters, we know about the World Cup. What else is there to know that will make any difference to the fans? ? How do we know that the clubs do not have enough information to take them through to the next licence?

Edited by JohnM, 18 January 2013 - 07:18 PM.

#48 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,368 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

Nigel Wood and Ralph Rimmer have had enough time to show that they are the right people to lead our game in to a positive future. For me they are not the right people. I see no clear vision of where the game, both at Pro Level and Grassroots, aims to go under Wood and Rimmer and how exactly its going to get there. The game is at a crossroads right now and needs a strong leadership from the RFL. The administration of the game is simply not good enough. Wood seems to think all is well in the game or thats how his spin articles come across.

The Sponsorship is tough and I dont think the RFL can be completely blamed for not having Sponsors on board. The financial world is in a mess and the future bleak. So I wont criticize them for that. The poor Media presence doesnt help and neither does the way SL clubs like Bradford, Crusaders and Salford have managed to give a very negative picture of SL and the game. The negative publicity recently about SL clubs cutting academy teams and teams claiming they are struggling, if not deep in debt, hardly helps the RFL find a Sponsor willing to pay out millions.The RFL needs to administer the game way better than it does. Good bye Wood and Rimmer lets get some new people in. Maybe somebody like Noble, Sculthorpe etc who have good contacts and understanding of both Pro and Grassroots level should be involved alongside a Sports administrator like Lewis, who brought lots of money and sponsors in to the game and certainly helped the game in Europe. Lets have a review of all areas of the game and have a framework in place for ALL areas of the game and have a plan of what we want for the next 5-10 years and how we will achieve it.

That's all so uncessary if we can just get a ten team ( 8 UK based ) SL to replace all that other risky stuff.

Seriously though it is time there was a master plan of where the RFL sees the game going in the next few years, including, for sure, the junior game to address the shortage of players for the senior game.

Even if such a plan has to be altered to meet circumstances, at least, there is an original template from which the projected future course of the game can be plotted. Whci begs the question of who could write or implement such a plan and why is it taking so long to replace Richard Lewis.

#49 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,368 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

"I see no clear vision of where the game, both at Pro Level and Grassroots, aims to go under Wood and Rimmer and how exactly its going to get there" Serious question,:Why do you need to know? the season has not yet begun. We know the fixtures, we know the rules, we know the broadcasters, we know about the World Cup. What else is there to know that will make any difference to the fans? ? How do we know that the clubs do not have enough information to take them through to the next licence?

We, the fans, do not nessarily have to know but I see no reason why future plans for the sport need to be kept secret ( except for complicated negotiations with TV companies, sponsors etc ).

The way you phrase that you seem to be talking about plans for this next season. I thnk, though, what is being discussed are broad plans for the objectives of the league for the game going forward 5 or even 10 years into the future.

#50 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

As somebody who is interested in the game at many levels, I want to know how the RFL plan to further develop the game especially at Grassroots level, especially with the recent grant cuts from Sport England. I also want to know what the RFL has planned to improve the standards on and off the field both in SL and the Championship. I want to know what the RFL has in place regarding the future of the Championship. Is its aim to see it as a feeder League? How does the RFL intend to improve its income revenue. There is a strategic plan from the RFL but only up to 2013. What about the future? http://www.docstoc.c...ING-2008---2013

#51 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,022 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

Please remember that asking a question does not necessarily imply disagreement. It is an opportunity to provide information.

#52 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,797 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

Say what you like, but it gets pretty tiring after reading the same comments over and over again for months on end.

Fair enough when something goes belly up but this thread today appears to have been stated today for no reason whatsoever, other than to just have a good moan.

Something must be wrong if the leadership is constantly being attacked and the structure of the game is in a mess, the only people who seem to be happy are; the RFL employees, super league clubs and amateur administrators with egos.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#53 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

Something must be wrong if the leadership is constantly being attacked and the structure of the game is in a mess, the only people who seem to be happy are; the RFL employees, super league clubs and amateur administrators with egos.

Exactly!

#54 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

unfair to cock-ends. see here The game is thought to have begun in Italy in the 1500s. Bingo is believed to have migrated to France, Great Britain, and other parts of Europe in the 1700s.[ Players mark off numbers on a ticket as they are randomly called out, in order to achieve a winning combination. Bingo originates from the Italian lottery, Il Gioco del Lotto d'Italia. From Italy, the game spread to France and was known as Le Lotto, played by the French aristocracy. Tombola was used in nineteenth-century Germany as an educational tool to teach children multiplication tables, spelling, and even history.

yeah...its effing bingo!!

signing a deal with Bwin is something to shout about...

but foxy bingo is down right embarrassing

OLDHAM RLFC

#55 blackhawk

blackhawk

boxer boy

• Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

a brilliant posting apart from one small thing no more lewis shown his mettle jumped ship and gone back to tennis let him stay there i would add schofield into the mix straight talking calls it as he sees it he would help bring back the great britain scenario instead of this so called england .

#56 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,022 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

yeah...its effing bingo!!

signing a deal with Bwin is something to shout about...

but foxy bingo is down right embarrassing

Who do you think owns Foxy Bingo?

Is that deal any more embarrassing to fans than say, reading the interminable chippy negative, depressing posts from the "don't care what it is, I'm agin it" brigade of miserable ######ers on here?

To them, I'm with Richard Bach when he says, "The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly".

Edited by JohnM, 19 January 2013 - 10:02 AM.

#57 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

Foxy Bingo a Classy blue chip sponsor added to the Stable.

CPosted Image

Edited by AndyCapp, 19 January 2013 - 09:51 AM.

#58 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

Foxy Bingo a Classy blue chip sponsor added to the Stable.

CPosted Image

Warming to them already

Can our Sports perennial knockers now turn to the Salford thread and find something not uplifting about the good doctor's involvement there ?

#59 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

Who do you think owns Foxy Bingo?

Is that deal any more embarrassing to fans than say, reading the interminable chippy negative, depressing posts from the "don't care what it is, I'm agin it" brigade of miserable ######ers on here?

To them, I'm with Richard Bach when he says, "The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly".

i know exactly who owns "foxy bingo" you clown

OLDHAM RLFC

#60 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

can i add as well i very rearly have a bad word to say about the RFL.....often backing them to the hilt...

but the current mob are taking us backwards!!

Edited by roughyedspud, 19 January 2013 - 10:13 AM.

OLDHAM RLFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users