Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

2013 Squad Numbers and Captain

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ProBono

ProBono
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

Featherstone Rovers 2013 First Team Squad
1. Ian Hardman
2. Tom Saxton
3. Sam Smeaton
4. Greg Worthington
5. Tom Hodson
6. Andy Kain
7. Liam Finn (Captain)
8. Anthony England
9. Ben Kaye
10. Steve Crossley
11. Matty Dale
12. Tim Spears
13. Kyle Briggs
14. Andy Ellis
15. Lamont Bryan
16. Matt James
17. James Lockwood
18. Jonny Hepworth
19. Ben Helliwell
20. Micky Haley
21. Andy Bostock
22. Jack Bussey
23. Jack Ormanroyd
24. Liam Mackay
25. Todd Martin - Fan

#2 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

No surprises really then as far as the captain is concerned. Don't know if the numbers reflect first team choice but if they do I'm surprised heppy isn't in the starting 17.Unless DP is going my route with lamont at loose forward.

Edited by thundergaz, 18 January 2013 - 01:05 PM.

#3 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Like DP says last night.. Squad numbers are not indicative of his 1st choice. All 1st places are there to be contested for. The number on the back is irrelevant!

However, if I was in the squad I'd want that no5 shirt!! :lol: :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#4 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

Like DP says last night.. Squad numbers are not indicative of his 1st choice. All 1st places are there to be contested for. The number on the back is irrelevant!

Why the no5 shirt robin? Because its probably the easiest to get and keep? 😃😃😃

#5 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

Not the no 11 shirt? I thought vertical stripes were supposed to be slimming. ;) :lol:

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#6 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Looking at the squad numbers I'm a bit worried. I mean we don't look like we have very good cover if any of our wingers get injured. We don't have anyone as a recognised good winger in the squad as a back up.

Edited by thundergaz, 18 January 2013 - 01:25 PM.

#7 Rarefrith

Rarefrith
  • Coach
  • 548 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

Looking at the squad numbers I'm a bit worried. I mean we don't look like we have very good cover if any of our wingers get injured. We don't have anyone as a recognised good winger in the squad as a back up.

Boom!!! Exactly what i was thinking, the wing position is the only one that worries me. Hodson has moved up a division an what matters if he doesn't make the grade or needs time to adapt? If Tommy was injured, we would have two inexperienced wingers and a young centre in Hellewell. Something to keep an eye on, its the one glaring squad weakness for me. I will get in in before anyone else does though, DP knows more than me about rugby.

#8 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

In reply to the position of captain, hasn't this now become more or less a superfluous title?. Teams are now organised from the dug outs and it is quite a while since I observed a "captain" giving a team mate a good rollocking for making a mistake, or indeed a "captain" shouting his head off in encouragement to the team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users