Just wondered ....

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ruffyed

ruffyed
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

....as the good doctor's takeover of Salford is all but done and dusted I am eagerly waiting for the announcement that he has pointed one or two of his wealthy mates in our direction . Well we are partners and we've just done Salford a favour letting Adam Files play against Wigan ....one good turn deserves another . Note to myself .... in the unlikely event that this does not happen...make sure I have got a good supply of happy pills .

#2 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

Listened to him on the radio this morning and said he wasn't in it for the money but to get Salford to win trophies.

So with fingers and toes crossed our luck might be about to change and lets hope we get a share of the spoils.I'm hopefull with our squad. Could maybe start with a friendly against them. Rochdale are playing a mixed saints team so why not us and the reds.
One for all and all for the one

#3 RunItOffAfi

RunItOffAfi
  • Coach
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

On the rugby side, I see that Salford's 20 man squad for last night's friendly included 13 of last season's under 20s squad, including Adam Files. Against a full strength, apart from Tomkins and Hock, Wigan squad, they put in a good performance to hold em to 34-16. With Phil Veivers looking to recruit up to 14 new players, we could end up with 5 or 6 of these quality young uns on loan. The caveat to this, of course, is that it was a pre season friendly, and we know from experience how deceiving these performances can be, and good displays can only be judged over the whole season. But it's possible this could turn out to be positive news. Fingers crossed.

#4 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

you are all living in cuckoo land ......Salford may well have an owner with some money now , and perhaps a couple of other directors .........al we have is the ONE ......... and nobody else would be welcome aboard in any way shape or form , as the past has proved , no matter how much money they were prepared to invest in the club ............ Any money salford have will be invested in the SALFORD TEAM building
Posted Image

#5 ruffyed

ruffyed
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:58 AM

Maybe you should come and join us in cuckoo land Roughyedz ... or should that be cloud cuckoo land ....whichever its not all bad ...you are automatically entitled to a pair of rose tinted spectacles.

#6 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

How much are they .......The Glasses B) I mean
Posted Image

#7 ruffyed

ruffyed
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

No charge ...same for supporters of any club ... just have to support your team and keep believing that this year will be our year ....couldn't be simpler . If you can't manage that try to find something else to occupy your time .

#8 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,604 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

Could be good for us if he invests in youth and training facilities/support.
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users