The ironically named but highly respected David Conn of the Independent, and the MEN and Bury Times, all gave extensive coverage of the "exploits" of David Jones (and his business partner Paul Barratt), including all the details listed, when the MANSPORT consortium attempted to take over Bury FC in the wake of Hughie Eaves leaving the Shakers in danger of disappearing from sight.
Hughie Eaves having also owned 90% of the shares in Swinton Lions at one point. That paragon of virtue Malcolm White had the other 10% at that time. Surely people are aware that Hughie Eaves hardly has an honorable track record of financial affairs.
The investigation led to David Conn winning a couple of awards and a standing ovation at Gigg Lane from Bury FC supporters grateful that an alternative way forward was found once the details he uncovered were printed. He is a very prominent commentator on football finance to this day.
All this stuff has been in the public domain for years.
To say the least it is "a bit rich" for a Swinton Lions supporter to now throw aspersions at Dr Marwan Koukash (he's a Doctor of Electrical Engineering and not medicine by the way Mark, and you don't have 100 horses of good ability in training without being in the "very rich" category) when the people running the Lions include someone that has been convicted and served a prison sentence for fraud.
I find it very sad that people still seem to be willingly blind to the standard of person that has been involved in the running of Swinton Lions over the years, as its a big part of the reason why the club has fallen so far from grace and a problem the club still has to face up to if it is ever to properly re-establish itself.
Bearing in mind that you originally put the video on and wanted a reaction regarding Koukash you have now gone on to identify and comment about the previous history of Mr Jones, one which you rightly point out has been open knowledge since the incident and of course for which he duly served his punishment.
I threw no aspersions at Koukash and certainly in no way suggested his dissolution and liquidation of companies were anything to do with illegal dealings so why you felt the need to bring Mr Jones in to it I don't know. I only pointed out ( the information being available at Companies House) that a number of companies he had been involved in had for whatever reason been closed down and you may want to question why that may be.
If that prompts you then to link that to Swinton well then that's your choice.
By the way Phil if you want to quote anything I say I have no problem in you naming me (Alan Marshall) as opposed to a "Swinton Lions fan throwing aspertions".
It also seems that I am not the only one to think you were wrong in saying what you have.