TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

ARLC

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 brooza

brooza
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

Is the game in good hands?
Are the people at the top in "Australia" the best available?
I looked at the site and its not very impressive, Just looks like a footnote on the NRL website.
Nothing that is on that site inspires me that the game is in the best hands possible.

This is the DNA / Values.

The primary objects of the Company are to:

(a). be the single controlling body and administrator of the Game;
(B) foster, develop, extend and provide adequate funding for the Game from the junior to elite levels and generally to act in the best interests of the Game;
© liaise with and delegate appropriate functions to governing bodies of the Game in the States and Territories of Australia, including the NSWRL and QRL;
(d) organise and conduct all State of Origin and Australian Representative Games;
(e) organise, conduct and foster the NRL Competition;
(g) liaise with the Rugby League International Federation Limited and organisations controlling the game in other countries in the fostering and control of the game of Rugby League throughout the world;
(h) promote and encourage either directly or indirectly the physical, cultural and intellectual welfare of young people in the community and, in particular, the Rugby League community;
(i) promote and encourage either directly or indirectly sport and
recreation, particularly Rugby League football, in the interests of the social welfare of young persons.

This is the Board of Directors

http://www.rugbyleag...mmissioners.jpg
That is the "A Team" in 2013.
God help us.
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#2 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

one billion and counting suggests someone, somewhere in Australia is doing something right.

#3 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,454 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

I looked at the site and its not very impressive, Just looks like a footnote on the NRL website.
Nothing that is on that site inspires me that the game is in the best hands possible.

( B) foster, develop, extend and provide adequate funding for the Game from the junior to elite levels and generally to act in the best interests of the Game;
© liaise with and delegate appropriate functions to governing bodies of the Game in the States and Territories of Australia, including the NSWRL and QRL;
(d) organise and conduct all State of Origin and Australian Representative Games;
(g) liaise with the Rugby League International Federation Limited and organisations controlling the game in other countries in the fostering and control of the game of Rugby League throughout the world;
(h) promote and encourage either directly or indirectly the physical, cultural and intellectual welfare of young people in the community and, in particular, the Rugby League community;
recreation, particularly Rugby League football, in the interests of the social welfare of young persons.

God help us.

:D
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#4 kioli

kioli
  • Coach
  • 336 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

Not sure if this is a joke as it took many months to sort through all of the possibles and was under intense media scrutiny during the entire process... I seriously suggest you look at the bio's of the commissioners.

It is a footnote because the NRL site is yet to have the post-Commission redesign. It used to just be for the NRL and NRL U20's, now it's reporting on Kangaroos, Origin, and lower levels aswell. The NRL, QRL NSWRL and One Community sites will be getting redesigned this year as part of the online media deal with Telstra.

So far they've doubled every sponsor/media deal we previously had, sorted out the GC Titans (the CoE debt fiasco and the pathways between the Titans and the GCRL/GCJRL) and have made good changes to the SoO eligibility laws, the video ref and changed back the finals system to what the fans wanted.
TBH the only thing people feel they've stuffed up is the shoulder charge banning.

Edited by kioli, 19 January 2013 - 04:48 AM.

#5 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

( B) foster, develop, extend and provide adequate funding for the Game from the junior to elite levels and generally to act in the best interests of the Game;

God help us.

Give them a chance Mate.

Edited by AndyCapp, 19 January 2013 - 10:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users