Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

life without tomkins

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

http://uk.eurosport....-155105482.html

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#2 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

2 years?... The thread title makes it sound like he'll be leaving for Aus shortly. :lol:

Good to get prepared though if he does leave for Aus in 2015.
"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#3 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,196 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

I think Wigan would still be fine if Tomkins left in 2 years. They've got Hampshire and Powell coming through. Jack Murphy is going to be a class player. Then you've got to think how young Mossop, Hughes, Farrel, Tuson, LLoyd, Dudson and Charnley all are.

If Tomkins left this season Wigan would be in deep trouble especially with Hock rumoured to be leaving, but I think Wane is already planning for a Tomkins move to the NRL come 2015.

#4 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

i do hope he goes to the nrl and not union, i think he could be a massive star on the field and on tv.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#5 Tre Cool

Tre Cool
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

If i was Wane id have sold him and thrown money at Leuluai to stay for the rest of his career. Far too many weaknesses in Sam's full back play.

#6 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

WHEN e does go th NRL id like to see him play 6 again

#7 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

Wigan simply can't replace Sam.......... How can you replace someone as good as him???

I'd be gutted once he leaves the SL for NRL - cant type the other option :( :angry:

#8 Tre Cool

Tre Cool
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

Me too, id like to see him play 6 now. His footwork, speed and distribution are his strengths. The more involved he is the better. Hate watching him at FB.

Edited by Tre Cool, 19 January 2013 - 01:10 PM.

#9 Finn

Finn
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

If i was Wane id
have sold him and thrown money at Leuluai to stay for the rest of his career. Far too many weaknesses in Sam's full back play.

Thank ---- you're not Wane then.

(Not that Wane could make those decisions anyway).

#10 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

I hope e don't go to the other sport, love to c him in NRL thou going up against the best over there.

#11 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 608 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Me too, id like to see him play 6 now. His footwork, speed and distribution are his strengths. The more involved he is the better. Hate watching him at FB.

I've thought this also, especially for England. I'd like to see him and Widdop cover 1 and 6 berween them switching it around during the game to present the opposition with different problems
100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#12 kioli

kioli
  • Coach
  • 336 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

Would love to see how he goes in the NRL.

Edited by kioli, 19 January 2013 - 03:04 PM.

#13 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Is e highly thought of over does any body know??

#14 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

I don't want Sam Tomkins to go over to the other code,but I think they will break the bank to get him for all the publicity it will give their game
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#15 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

Plenty of time for things to happen yet. When he plays a key part in England winning the world cup this year, he'll have plenty of options. No need for Wigan to use him in these friendlies though.

#16 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

when he goes good luck to him but it wont be the end of the world . another player will come through and pretty soon he will be part of the past .
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#17 Finn

Finn
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

when he goes good luck to him but it wont be the end of the world . another player will come through and pretty soon he will be part of the past .

Rubbish. You're not talking about a run of the mill player here, he's a once in a generation star. Irreplaceable.

#18 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,196 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Is e highly thought of over does any body know??

Darren Lockyer said during the game between England and France 'If you stop Tomkins you go a long way to stopping England.' Very high praise with the likes of Burgess, Graham, Widdop and Ellis all excelling in the NRL. He proved he's good enough against the Aussies, a couple of Englands tries in the 2011 4N came from Aussies running out the line to stop Tomkins getting the ball and reading the play wrong and England going on too score.

I don't know the view of NRL clubs though, but if Wane said he's up for grabs for any NRL club I'd be surprised if he didn't receive multiple offers.

#19 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

A strong, organising scrum-half would work well with Tomkins at stand-off. I guess that would be the benefit of going to Australia.

#20 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

I don't want Sam Tomkins to go over to the other code,but I think they will break the bank to get him for all the publicity it will give their game

Can't see him going anywhere else to be honest, I think the lure of the international scene i.e 6 nations, lions tour and of course the world cup will prove too much unfortunately.