TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

NW Mens League 2013

Full list of entered teams...

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 mmp

mmp
  • Coach
  • 387 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

The full divisional structure can be found on our web-site here: http://www.pitchero....?news_id=837386

A few new sides too. Hilton Park (Leigh) have been put up a few divisions, but Westhoughton return while Mancunians and Liverpool City join alongside a new East Manchester side. So we get a Manchester derby in RL as well as a Bolton derby in RL.
In Bury or North Manchester? Interested in Rugby League? Check out the Rugby League in Bury web-site: http://www.pitchero....bs/burybroncos/

#2 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 317 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

I,m quite looking forward to it,I just hope it gets going really well this season with more fixtures completed,otherwise I see more teams moving on?
Great idea about having a Grand Final for each division!

#3 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,234 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

Going to be tough to have a 13 or 14 team division and get the fixtures completed. Looks like Eccles aren't running an A team but guess they're either using their winter team or going merit?

#4 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,234 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

Good to see so many new clubs spring up though

#5 mmp

mmp
  • Coach
  • 387 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

little concerned that there are a few new side sin Div 4 and that they may struggle to complete games...that said, we at Bury know how hard it is and it took us 3 years before we were able to field a full 17 every single week for a full year.

Div 5 wasnt that bad really with it being A sides who pulled out and Bolton who missed only two. apart from that, it was fine so hopefully all will be Ok this year
In Bury or North Manchester? Interested in Rugby League? Check out the Rugby League in Bury web-site: http://www.pitchero....bs/burybroncos/

#6 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

The full divisional structure can be found on our web-site here: http://www.pitchero....?news_id=837386

A few new sides too. Hilton Park (Leigh) have been put up a few divisions, but Westhoughton return while Mancunians and Liverpool City join alongside a new East Manchester side. So we get a Manchester derby in RL as well as a Bolton derby in RL.

are the leagues confirmed or provisional?

#7 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

I,m quite looking forward to it,I just hope it gets going really well this season with more fixtures completed,otherwise I see more teams moving on?
Great idea about having a Grand Final for each division!

moving on, to where?

#8 mmp

mmp
  • Coach
  • 387 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

i think its a case of close to confirmed. a list came out in December and this seems to be the near final - clubs asked to express any urgent issues ahead of fixtures coming out...

#9 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

i think its a case of close to confirmed. a list came out in December and this seems to be the near final - clubs asked to express any urgent issues ahead of fixtures coming out...

cheers, looks like some well balanced leagues. why only 10 in prem yet 14, 13, 12 in others?

#10 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

cheers, looks like some well balanced leagues. why only 10 in prem yet 14, 13, 12 in others?

The premier sides are expected to progress further in cups?
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#11 shawy13

shawy13
  • Coach
  • 246 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

In the past maybe but not really the case now with the apparent demise of the Lancashire cup and i don't think any of the prem teams are still in the challenge cup.

#12 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,234 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

Lack of premier standard teams IMO.

#13 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 317 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

moving on, to where?

Cumbrian league or back to winter NWC?

#14 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,234 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Winter NWC is awful though

#15 St Domingos

St Domingos
  • Players
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

Winter NWC is awful though

Though to be fair Bowes then Yorkshire mens is even worse :unsure:

I still remember when we were all amateurs, working together for the good of the game - for no pay!!!

#16 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,234 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

Though to be fair Bowes then Yorkshire mens is even worse :unsure:

True

#17 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

The premier sides are expected to progress further in cups?

what cups, no barla county or barla national for these sides, just tier4 cup i presume. playoffs planned for all leagues, top 4 i guess, so unlike other regions league games will be the priority.

#18 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,234 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

Maybe Wars of the Roses if that's still going?

A shame BARLA couldn't move the Lancashire (and Cumbria) cups to summer

#19 Death to the Rah Rah's

Death to the Rah Rah's
  • Coach
  • 468 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

as far as I know the Cumbria league pretty much run the BARLA County Cup for themselves and play the games when they want, there are also moves within the county to revamp the competition to make it more open to all clubs (including A teams which includes a Plate comp). I only know this because a proposal from the league secretary came through on email this morning.
Our league management like many others have their faults, but one thing I can't fault them for effort, and they are trying different things in an effort to raise the profile of the sport and make it competitive for all clubs and spectators. There seems to be a couple of forward thinking people who sympathsise with the problems clubs have on a weekly basis, and they do try to help clubs rather than just 'quoting the rules'.
We have a long way to go but Cumbria is moving in the right direction, the new Cumbria League has created a lot of interest up here, its just a shame that some of the Barrow sides would rather stay in the NWML and risk teams not fulfilling away games rather than play a bit closer to home.

#20 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

as far as I know the Cumbria league pretty much run the BARLA County Cup for themselves and play the games when they want, there are also moves within the county to revamp the competition to make it more open to all clubs (including A teams which includes a Plate comp). I only know this because a proposal from the league secretary came through on email this morning.
Our league management like many others have their faults, but one thing I can't fault them for effort, and they are trying different things in an effort to raise the profile of the sport and make it competitive for all clubs and spectators. There seems to be a couple of forward thinking people who sympathsise with the problems clubs have on a weekly basis, and they do try to help clubs rather than just 'quoting the rules'.
We have a long way to go but Cumbria is moving in the right direction, the new Cumbria League has created a lot of interest up here, its just a shame that some of the Barrow sides would rather stay in the NWML and risk teams not fulfilling away games rather than play a bit closer to home.

is the cumbria league gonna be summer season ie march to oct/ nov ish or winter season sept to apr/may ish? why also would barrow teams decide to enter nwml instead of the cumbrian league, playing seasons aside?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users