Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

NW Mens League 2013

Full list of entered teams...

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,747 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

Summer. The only reason Dalton didn't enter is to stay winter but the others seem to not like the coast road. IMO the sides staying NWML have no right to moan when (not if) they lose lots of home games.

#22 Death to the Rah Rah's

Death to the Rah Rah's
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Bowes is right, the Cumbria League is being played in summer, and regarding the coast road from west Cumbria to Barrow, it is without doubt one of the worst roads in the country, my club have been told that the travel arrangements are based on travelling to Barrow via Penrith and the M6, not the coast road, so that argument goes out of the window. I think someone said it was less than 2 hours to get to Barrow from Maryport/Cockermouth on the M6, and roughly the same to go on the coast road.
The Maryport club have also looked into going on the train, as their ground is next to the train station, as is Glassons, so that could have been an option for the likes of Ulverston, Roose and Dalton as well.
Why Dalton stick with the winter league is anyones guess, I thought the whole point in joining a league was to play games, something which certainly doesn't seem to be happening in Daltons case, if I was one of their players I would be looking for a new club where they can get regular rugby

#23 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 312 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Summer. The only reason Dalton didn't enter is to stay winter but the others seem to not like the coast road. IMO the sides staying NWML have no right to moan when (not if) they lose lots of home games.

Why would they lose lots of home games?

#24 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,747 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Why would they lose lots of home games?

Teams not travelling

#25 shawy13

shawy13
  • Coach
  • 222 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Why do you keep going on about the roads being the reason teams didn't switch leagues? The road never even came into it where my club is concerned.
As for teams having no right to moan then I would say your wrong again. Teams know well in advance of the season starting who they are likely to play and travelling involved.

#26 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,747 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

It was mentioned on another thread that the roads were an issue. Either way if you play the same teams that didn't travel last year you can expect the same results again when there's an alternative where clubs are much more likely to travel

#27 the man

the man
  • Coach
  • 638 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

Think the NWM will be a lot better this year. With no break between winter and summer season some of the players' commitment dipped but I think most have come back refreshed and pre-season training has started well for my club, Roose. Having moved to the Premier League I don't see any teams not travelling to Barrow.

Posted Image

#28 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,695 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

Teams not travelling

:o
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#29 mmp

mmp
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

Think the NWM will be a lot better this year. With no break between winter and summer season some of the players' commitment dipped but I think most have come back refreshed and pre-season training has started well for my club, Roose. Having moved to the Premier League I don't see any teams not travelling to Barrow.

got to agree. mood amongst most i've spoken to seems very good. we've seen 26 train each on the last two mondays in freezing snow all gearing up for a good summer. 5/6 completely new faces.
In Bury or North Manchester? Interested in Rugby League? Check out the Rugby League in Bury web-site: http://www.pitchero....bs/burybroncos/

#30 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 312 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

Teams not travelling

Lets hope you are not proven correct,do you have any evidence to back your comment up?

Which club are you involved with,if any?

#31 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,747 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

Lets hope you are not proven correct,do you have any evidence to back your comment up?

Clearly I don't have cancelled bus receipts but a combintion of lots of precedent and a big liberalisation of punishments for cancelled games seems a very strong indicator (a £60 for the 6th game called off and nothing before then).

Which club are you involved with,if any?

Coventry Bears and on the committee for midlands rugby league. So not NW but the same principles apply wherever

#32 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,747 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

:o

Don't worry Dalton are finding it even harder to get home fixtures in winter

#33 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,695 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

Don't worry Dalton are finding it even harder to get home fixtures in winter

RLC South East seem to manage and get plenty of pats on the back from the same guys who like to knock the winter.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#34 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,747 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

RLC South East seem to manage and get plenty of pats on the back from the same guys who like to knock the winter.

Not really seen many pats on the back. Edit: Expect for Medway Dragons juniors

Dalton have only had 2 home games all season I think it is which is hardly acceptable summer or winter

Edited by bowes, 22 January 2013 - 08:59 PM.

#35 Walter

Walter
  • Coach
  • 437 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

Clearly I don't have cancelled bus receipts but a combintion of lots of precedent and a big liberalisation of punishments for cancelled games seems a very strong indicator (a £60 for the 6th game called off and nothing before then).

Teams get fined £20 for failing to fulfil a fixture in NWML

#36 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,747 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

Saw an article saying they'd changed the rule this year.

#37 Walter

Walter
  • Coach
  • 437 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

Saw an article saying they'd changed the rule this year.

Ah right sorry; I've not seen that!!! I was just going off last year!!!

Edited by Walter, 23 January 2013 - 03:13 PM.

#38 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,747 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

Ah right sorry; I've not seen that!!! I was just going off last year!!!

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/walney-central-and-barrow-island-keen-on-new-cumbria-league-1.1021097?referrerPath=home/2.4892

Doesn't explain the reasoning behind the change. I can maybe understand lighter fines in divisions 3 and 4 but certainly not above that

#39 Wirejb

Wirejb
  • Players
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

Without a doubt everyone at Bank Quay had had enough by the time we finished in December when when we started in July 2011, hopefully the prem is back to it's previous standard in terms of no games being conceded

#40 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 312 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

Anybody had any friendlies yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users