Do You Want a Lift.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Doghead

Doghead
  • Coach
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

If you are missing your Rugby League and want a lift during all this gloomy news and bad weather, Go to your Sky/Tivo box, click programs, click on Sky Sports 1, advance the days till you reach Fri01/02, Time 1900, Leeds Rhinos V Hull.

Wont Be Long Now.

#2 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Not doing that, got hotel booked and knowing the result will spoil it.

(Apart from knowing Hull will lose, obviously)

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#3 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

I thought from the title you were offering to go to the game via Matlock!

Ah well. :-)

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#4 Widnesbernie

Widnesbernie
  • Players
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Cannot do it.

I am on a Sky+ HD box, can only go forward 1 week.

#5 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

before that you have a chance to watch halifax v sheffield on premier sports jan 31st
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#6 Doghead

Doghead
  • Coach
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

before that you have a chance to watch halifax v sheffield on premier sports jan 31st

trumped.

#7 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

I thought from the title you were offering to go to the game via Matlock!

Ah well. :-)

I thought he was trying to offload a Stannah stairlift! :rolleyes:

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#8 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 507 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

It's been a long long winter

#9 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

http://www.rugbyleagueontv.co.uk/

You can get a radio fix tomorrow see above

I see on that site that Premier still haven't confirmed NRL for next year. That makes one game a week a lot less value.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#10 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

trumped.

Wondered who it was.

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#11 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

Leeds v hull FC to kick off round 1 of super league is a great clash, what with the rhinos being the winners of super league and hull FC being touted as a top 4 team this year. A big crowd of 20,000 should be possible especially with FC's great travelling support, I CAN'T WAIT.

#12 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

Leeds v hull FC to kick off round 1 of super league is a great clash, what with the rhinos being the winners of super league and hull FC being touted as a top 4 team this year. A big crowd of 20,000 should be possible especially with FC's great travelling support, I CAN'T WAIT.

Forgot to mention I think hull FC will just sneak a win.

#13 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

Really hope we live up to the expectations and perform well on the night, but our record at Headingley is appalling of late and we need to gel as a side before the decent results start to come. Having said that, we had a fair few new faces at St Helens in our first game of the season the other year and we mullered them so here's hoping.

(For fog.)

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

#14 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

Really hope we live up to the expectations and perform well on the night, but our record at Headingley is appalling of late and we need to gel as a side before the decent results start to come. Having said that, we had a fair few new faces at St Helens in our first game of the season the other year and we mullered them so here's hoping.

(For fog.)

I can honestly see hull FC challenging for the top 4, what with Wigan having a weaker team this year, Huddersfield not kicking on as I expected they would and who knows with Leeds.

#15 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,836 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

I can honestly see hull FC challenging for the top 4, what with Wigan having a weaker team this year, Huddersfield not kicking on as I expected they would and who knows with Leeds.

No, Leeds don't bother with the top four. they just win the title from fifth.

#16 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

No, Leeds don't bother with the top four. they just win the title from fifth.

Very true but the only problem a team like hull would have is unless they start bringing through the youngsters in the coming years from their academies they will always have to buy talent from other super league clubs in order to compete.

#17 Finn

Finn
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

A true leaguie would have turned Sky Sports off last October, and reinstated it on 2nd Feb, so it wouldn't be available to pre-record at this point in time.

#18 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

A true leaguie would have turned Sky Sports off last October, and reinstated it on 2nd Feb, so it wouldn't be available to pre-record at this point in time.

A true leaguie would miss the first game of the season?
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#19 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

How long have you been on here, Brooza? Long enough to know that there are plenty on here who would definitely cut off their nose to spite their face. ;)

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#20 Finn

Finn
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

A true leaguie Wigan fan will be at a live game on 1st Feb.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users