Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Erm...any news on SL sponsor for 2013 ?

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

Has anyone heard anything ?

#2 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

super league got foxy, i know that. foxy bingo are there new official bingo partner, but there new main sponsor has not been announced yet, as a guess i would say this years sl will be called, wait for it................................................................ The anusol super league! :D

Edited by shun, 19 January 2013 - 10:09 PM.

#3 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

I've heard of a couple of partners lined up, ones a beer and one will make the league smell very nice.
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#4 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

super league got foxy, i know that. foxy bingo are there new official bingo partner, but there new main sponsor has not been announced yet, as a guess i would say this years sl will be called, wait for it................................................................ The anusol super league! :D

'Official bingo partner' ? The mind boggles...
No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#5 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,778 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

'Official bingo partner' ? The mind boggles...

What's wrong with that?
Posted Image

#6 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,112 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

I'm willing to have pictures of the top players in their club strip in my garden and on my car if they call it the Trojan Super League. <_<
"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#7 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

What's wrong with that?

What does it mean?
Why can they not just be a Sponsor? why official Bingo partner? Its not as if there is any synergy or connection between Rugby League and Bingo.

I would understand it if it was Official Team Kit/Uniform partner like Kooga or perhaps Travel partner like British Airways something relevant to the game but Bingo partner sounds a bit weird.

#8 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

What does it mean?
Why can they not just be a Sponsor? why official Bingo partner? Its not as if there is any synergy or connection between Rugby League and Bingo.

I would understand it if it was Official Team Kit/Uniform partner like Kooga or perhaps Travel partner like British Airways something relevant to the game but Bingo partner sounds a bit weird.

was just about to post the same question, what is an official bingo partner?

#9 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,718 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

Good job someone started a thread on sponsors, we were missing one I think.

Considering Australian RL has been propped up by gaming machines for decades, you'd think an Aussie would see a possible link between the demographics of RL and bingo.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#10 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,019 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

What does it mean?

Probably the same reason that Hankooks is the official tyre partner or Coles are the official supermarket of the NRL. Or even better they have an official home hardware partner. It brings money into the game where's the problem.

#11 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

Good job someone started a thread on sponsors, we were missing one I think.

Considering Australian RL has been propped up by gaming machines for decades, you'd think an Aussie would see a possible link between the demographics of RL and bingo.

The Australian Rugby League Clubs are an extension of the Club.
They generate money to finance the Football Club, its the structure of the game in Australia in many cases and has always been that way.
Leagues Clubs generate income to fund the Team whether that is through Pokies, memberships or Meals at the Club Restaurant.

That has no relevance to outsourcing a Bingo Company as a sponsor.
I am not against this deal or any other deal, many on here whinged about the 50 Million NRL deal with Tom Waterhouse, he replaced another online Gambling company.

Bingo Partner though? Maybe its a cultural thing, why can they not just be an official sponsor.

#12 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

Probably the same reason that Hankooks is the official tyre partner or Coles are the official supermarket of the NRL. Or even better they have an official home hardware partner. It brings money into the game where's the problem.

But they play a major role in Sponsorship of Games or Media in Australia.
Coles is one of the major two supermarket chains in Oz.

Hankook Tyres are the official naming rights sponsors of Hankook Monday Night Football, and the official tyre of the National Rugby League.

Coles is the official supermarket of the NRL and has exclusive naming rights sponsor the Coles Backyard League program which features a network of development officers to celebrate the game and develop skills at a grassroots level.

By providing much needed sports equipment through the Coles Sports for Schools program and our partnership with the NRL, Coles will help ensure that our young people have even more opportunity to play sport, keep active and for those who can, go on to greater sporting achievements.

What was Foxy Bingo doing

In addition to more traditional sponsorship rights - including in-stadia perimeter and programme advertising, a television broadcast presence and a high profile on the Super League website - Foxy Bingo will use the new partnership to bring its unique brand of fun directly to Rugby League fans, who share a love of thrilling entertainment.
An extensive programme of community -based activity, involving the much-loved Foxy himself, has been planned to support the partnership and will be rolled-out throughout the season.

Edited by AndyCapp, 20 January 2013 - 12:23 PM.

#13 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

The Australian Rugby League Clubs are an extension of the Club.
They generate money to finance the Football Club, its the structure of the game in Australia in many cases and has always been that way.
Leagues Clubs generate income to fund the Team whether that is through Pokies, memberships or Meals at the Club Restaurant.

That has no relevance to outsourcing a Bingo Company as a sponsor.
I am not against this deal or any other deal, many on here whinged about the 50 Million NRL deal with Tom Waterhouse, he replaced another online Gambling company.

Bingo Partner though? Maybe its a cultural thing, why can they not just be an official sponsor.

they are an official sponsor; the whole 'x' supplier/partner is just so that there is only 1 supplier/partner/sponsor in that industry with that tag connected to the sport.

#14 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,718 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

I'd never realised the word 'partner' had such malevolent connotations.

Without being an expert in the field I'd suggest the idea of being the bingo partner affords some sense of exclusivity, ie. we're not going to get any more bingo companies as sponsors to the league. It's not somehing that will stop me sleeping, perhaps I'm being naive.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#15 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,718 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

An extensive programme of community -based activity, involving the much-loved Foxy himself, has been planned to support the partnership and will be rolled-out throughout the season.

I take it back, that sounds like outrageous behaviour.

#16 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

they are an official sponsor; the whole 'x' supplier/partner is just so that there is only 1 supplier/partner/sponsor in that industry with that tag connected to the sport.

Isn't irn-bru the officially super league drink or am I totally wrong on that?

#17 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

Fair enough.
I did not realise that Bingo was that big in the UK that you may have another Bingo Company fighting to be the partner,

#18 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

I take it back, that sounds like outrageous behaviour.

How much is the deal worth out of interest?

#19 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

super league got foxy, i know that.

There is also a company which is the referee's shoe partner. It is X something but I can't remember what follows the X!

#20 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

How much is the deal worth out of interest?

That bit has been mysteriously left out but the unknown sum is for three years.

Edited by Saintslass, 20 January 2013 - 12:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users