Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Erm...any news on SL sponsor for 2013 ?

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#21 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

Fair enough.
I did not realise that Bingo was that big in the UK that you may have another Bingo Company fighting to be the partner,

bingo is worth billions

#22 bramleyrhino

bramleyrhino
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

Does anybody know if SL will actually have a title sponsor in 2013 or will it just be sponsor partners like Foxy bingo?

#23 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

Does anybody know if SL will actually have a title sponsor in 2013 or will it just be sponsor partners like Foxy bingo?

It will all be announced in due course.
Posted Image

#24 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,979 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Official beer, Official bog roll, Official condoms, Official bell end cleaner....if someone is willing to put money into the game who cares?

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#25 bramleyrhino

bramleyrhino
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

It will all be announced in due course.

I assume that your answer means there will be a title sponsor who will be announced in next fortnight!

#26 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,888 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

Fair enough.
I did not realise that Bingo was that big in the UK that you may have another Bingo Company fighting to be the partner,

£600 million online alone, with foxy having a a 13% share of that market
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#27 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,779 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

What does it mean?
Why can they not just be a Sponsor? why official Bingo partner? Its not as if there is any synergy or connection between Rugby League and Bingo.

I would understand it if it was Official Team Kit/Uniform partner like Kooga or perhaps Travel partner like British Airways something relevant to the game but Bingo partner sounds a bit weird.

Official beer? Official soft drink? Why not official bingo? Absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Posted Image

#28 Black Country Wire

Black Country Wire
  • Coach
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

super league got foxy, i know that. foxy bingo are there new official bingo partner, but there new main sponsor has not been announced yet, as a guess i would say this years sl will be called, wait for it................................................................ The anusol super league! :D

Go on then, I'll say it:

Well, you know where they can stick that!

:rolleyes:

Last new RL ground (81): Covert Lane, Aylestone - Leicester v Sheffield Hallam 28/6/14

#29 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Go on then, I'll say it:

Well, you know where they can stick that!

:rolleyes:

:o :rolleyes:

#30 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,038 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

Whatever it is, whenever it is, whoever it is, however much it is, one thing is sure. It will be WRONG, A FARCE, A SHAMBLES, AN EMBARASSMENT.

#31 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

Whatever it is, whenever it is, whoever it is, however much it is, one thing is sure. It will be WRONG, A FARCE, A SHAMBLES, AN EMBARASSMENT.

If we got a sponsor which convinced sky to match the NRL tv deal, put constant adverts on the tv and put lots of money into the game there would still be a 10 page thread on here ripping it too shreds.

#32 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,038 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

Exactly.

#33 brooza

brooza
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

An extensive programme of community -based activity, involving the much-loved Foxy himself, has been planned to support the partnership and will be rolled-out throughout the season.

Presumably Foxy will be taking part in the mascot race later in the season
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#34 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,967 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

Presumably Foxy will be taking part in the mascot race later in the season

I thought they may have been using Katie Price to promote the game.

#35 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,743 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

It's called 'Foxy Bingo' not 'Rough as a Badger's Backside Bingo'
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#36 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,967 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

It's called 'Foxy Bingo' not 'Rough as a Badger's Backside Bingo'

Posted Image

Is that Katie Price? I don't really know who she is.

#37 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

There is also a company which is the referee's shoe partner. It is X something but I can't remember what follows the X!

Blades
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#38 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,995 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Mecca was Wigan's main sponsor (shirt Partner?), so maybe this is a more crowded field than people suspect.
I am a fan of bingo - it's a great game and a fine way to spend an evening. Far more sociable than "porkies".
They should go the whole hog - H the Hitman legs 11 - 2 fat ladies (fill in big boned players of your choice).

#39 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

I can't keep up with all these sponsorship deals...

;)
Posted Image

#40 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,162 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

I'm shocked and disgusted that a soup company might up being the official soup of sooper league (sorry). I was hoping for a car company myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users