League Express
Rugby League World

Photo
- - - - -

Erm...any news on SL sponsor for 2013 ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
88 replies to this topic

#21 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

Fair enough.
I did not realise that Bingo was that big in the UK that you may have another Bingo Company fighting to be the partner,

bingo is worth billions

#22 Rhino2009

Rhino2009
  • Twitter
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

Does anybody know if SL will actually have a title sponsor in 2013 or will it just be sponsor partners like Foxy bingo?

#23 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

Does anybody know if SL will actually have a title sponsor in 2013 or will it just be sponsor partners like Foxy bingo?

It will all be announced in due course.

#GuildfordOut

@GavWilson

#24 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 21,670 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Official beer, Official bog roll, Official condoms, Official bell end cleaner....if someone is willing to put money into the game who cares?

#25 Rhino2009

Rhino2009
  • Twitter
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

It will all be announced in due course.

I assume that your answer means there will be a title sponsor who will be announced in next fortnight!

#26 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 5,250 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

Fair enough.
I did not realise that Bingo was that big in the UK that you may have another Bingo Company fighting to be the partner,

£600 million online alone, with foxy having a a 13% share of that market
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#27 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,797 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

What does it mean?
Why can they not just be a Sponsor? why official Bingo partner? Its not as if there is any synergy or connection between Rugby League and Bingo.

I would understand it if it was Official Team Kit/Uniform partner like Kooga or perhaps Travel partner like British Airways something relevant to the game but Bingo partner sounds a bit weird.

Official beer? Official soft drink? Why not official bingo? Absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Posted Image

#28 Black Country Wire

Black Country Wire
  • Coach
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

super league got foxy, i know that. foxy bingo are there new official bingo partner, but there new main sponsor has not been announced yet, as a guess i would say this years sl will be called, wait for it................................................................ The anusol super league! :D

Go on then, I'll say it:

Well, you know where they can stick that!

:rolleyes:

Last new RL ground (83): Langtree Park, St Helens - Leeds v Warrington 9/8/14

#29 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Go on then, I'll say it:

Well, you know where they can stick that!

:rolleyes:

:o :rolleyes:

#30 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 22,012 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

Whatever it is, whenever it is, whoever it is, however much it is, one thing is sure. It will be WRONG, A FARCE, A SHAMBLES, AN EMBARASSMENT.

#31 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

Whatever it is, whenever it is, whoever it is, however much it is, one thing is sure. It will be WRONG, A FARCE, A SHAMBLES, AN EMBARASSMENT.

If we got a sponsor which convinced sky to match the NRL tv deal, put constant adverts on the tv and put lots of money into the game there would still be a 10 page thread on here ripping it too shreds.

#32 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 22,012 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

Exactly.

#33 brooza

brooza
  • 4,652 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

An extensive programme of community -based activity, involving the much-loved Foxy himself, has been planned to support the partnership and will be rolled-out throughout the season.

Presumably Foxy will be taking part in the mascot race later in the season

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

Former St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager and Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#34 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

Presumably Foxy will be taking part in the mascot race later in the season

I thought they may have been using Katie Price to promote the game.

#35 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 6,160 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

It's called 'Foxy Bingo' not 'Rough as a Badger's Backside Bingo'
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#36 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

It's called 'Foxy Bingo' not 'Rough as a Badger's Backside Bingo'

Posted Image

Is that Katie Price? I don't really know who she is.

#37 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 9,104 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

There is also a company which is the referee's shoe partner. It is X something but I can't remember what follows the X!

Blades
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#38 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Mecca was Wigan's main sponsor (shirt Partner?), so maybe this is a more crowded field than people suspect.
I am a fan of bingo - it's a great game and a fine way to spend an evening. Far more sociable than "porkies".
They should go the whole hog - H the Hitman legs 11 - 2 fat ladies (fill in big boned players of your choice).

#39 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

I can't keep up with all these sponsorship deals...

;)

#GuildfordOut

@GavWilson

#40 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

I'm shocked and disgusted that a soup company might up being the official soup of sooper league (sorry). I was hoping for a car company myself.