Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Whitehaven friendly pitch inspection

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 The Vet

The Vet
  • Coach
  • 828 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

After a 9am pitch inspection unfortunately the pitch hasn't recovered and the game is OFF

Posted Image

This My Friend Is A Broom-Handled Mouser

#2 Paul Ballantyne

Paul Ballantyne
  • Coach
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

Gutted, after working in Yorkshire all week this is like a tropical climate. Oh well always next time.

#3 drewjak

drewjak
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

###### :(

It wouldnt be so bad if the ground was even frozen,

Edited by drewjak, 20 January 2013 - 09:35 AM.

#4 The Vet

The Vet
  • Coach
  • 828 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

###### :(

It wouldnt be so bad if the ground was even frozen,

Trust me when I say the pitch especially around halfway is too hard, it really was touch and go with many parts of the field being perfect,unfortunately last weeks game ripped the pitch up and it's the bare patches which are frozen and rutted,the players welfare has to come first

Posted Image

This My Friend Is A Broom-Handled Mouser

#5 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

Not the end of the world. Only a friendly. Least we won't get any more injuries!

Posted Image

#6 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,502 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

It's amazing how many 'know alls' are on this Forum.; I'm certain the decision won't have been taken lightly. I'm sure the coaches and players could do with more game time and I know the BOD could do with the cash raised on the day. Imagine if just one player from either side had a serious injury.

Roll on the trip to Hunslet.

Posted Image

#7 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

Ah well poker day in the masons it is then..lol

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#8 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

The game off will be financially devastating to the club as every penny of income will count this year. IMO cash in will be more impotrtant than the final position in the league. I wouldnt doubt that this years team will be costing more than last years including travel and with a poor gate last week and game off this week it will give a hard task for those dealing with the finances.

Lets hope the BoD realise the importance of the freindlies and try and set one up for next week.

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#9 drewjak

drewjak
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

It's amazing how many 'know alls' are on this Forum.; I'm certain the decision won't have been taken lightly. I'm sure the coaches and players could do with more game time and I know the BOD could do with the cash raised on the day. Imagine if just one player from either side had a serious injury.

Nothing to do with being a "KNOW IT ALL" just disappointed as many other will be.

I fully understand the reasons behind it

#10 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

The game off will be financially devastating to the club as every penny of income will count this year. IMO cash in will be more impotrtant than the final position in the league. I wouldnt doubt that this years team will be costing more than last years including travel and with a poor gate last week and game off this week it will give a hard task for those dealing with the finances.

Lets hope the BoD realise the importance of the freindlies and try and set one up for next week.

A game next week is required after the poor performance against BARLA GB.

Regarding finances I will be putting my tenner for todays postponed game into the floodlight fund...be a good idea for others to do the same :)

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#11 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

You're dead right Michael and is the main reason why I didn't post for well over a year on this forum, and many other decent contributors have also disappeared rendering our site very dull at times!
Posted Image

#12 Paul Ballantyne

Paul Ballantyne
  • Coach
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

Please don't be taking this the wrong way buy I think Dick could do with laying off the heavy roller for a bit as it compacts the ground and stops the natural drainage working which in turn lets water trapped in the soil freeze easier. I would say get it forked to let air in and let the grass roots get a hold to stop the bare patches causing more problems. The grass would work as insulation to the ground so get some length in the grass and cut it just before a game. Again im not knocking the work Dick does.

#13 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

A game next week is required after the poor performance against BARLA GB.

Regarding finances I will be putting my tenner for todays postponed game into the floodlight fund...be a good idea for others to do the same :)

Lee

Couldnt agree more lee

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#14 Red Stripe

Red Stripe
  • Coach
  • 976 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

You're dead right Michael and is the main reason why I didn't post for well over a year on this forum, and many other decent contributors have also disappeared rendering our site very dull at times!

Hear Hear!

Mike Liversedge

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users