Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Today's friendly updates

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Final score at Langtree Park: Saints 42, Wakey 12. My guess is that Brown will want to stop that last minute leakage of points before we develop into a repeat of last season when we kept doing it.

#22 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Sounds like the Leeds -v- Bradford game ended evens at 24 a piece.

#23 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

It did
No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#24 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

It was Danny McGuires testimonial. They will have let him run in a couple I've no doubt if Leeds were losing. :(

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#25 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Terrible performance at the kc by hull fc lineham and westerman only players who looked like wanting to try, Ellis was ok in parts crookes arundel McDonnell houghton all below par.

#26 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Cas beat Fev 20-10, sounds like we were great first half, but their full time fitness told in the final 1/4

Wish I'd been at the WC to witness the game, been glued to twitter since 2pm

It wasn't anything to do with fitness PR. With a minute left it was 14 - 10 and it could have gone either way. Full strength Cas exploited an inexperienced Rovers three quarter line to snatch an undeserved victory. Our forwards were majestic throughout and outplayed the Castleford pack. On that showing we'll be up there again this season

Edited by Terry Mullaney, 20 January 2013 - 05:14 PM.

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#27 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,799 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Final score at Keepmoat Stadium - Dons 36 Keighley Cougars 22.

Decent performance from the boys in very cold conditions.

The Dons will now play Super League's Wakefield Trinity Wildcats at the Keepmoat next Sunday (3pm KO).
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#28 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Welham broken hand for rovers

#29 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,888 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Terrible performance at the kc by hull fc lineham and westerman only players who looked like wanting to try, Ellis was ok in parts crookes arundel McDonnell houghton all below par.

Bit harsh that. Hull were starved of possession in the first half and probably did well to keep the score to what it was. They improved with more ball in the second half but daft errors gifting the ball to Rovers proved their undoing.

Seen enough to be reasonably happy with things.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#30 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

It wasn't anything to do with fitness PR. With a minute left it was 14 - 10 and it could have gone either way. Full strength Cas exploited an inexperienced Rovers three quarter line to snatch an undeserved victory. Our forwards were majestic throughout and outplayed the Castleford pack. On that showing we'll be up there again this season

I Obviously didn't see today's game but judging Fev by their performance at Belle Vue and what I know of Castleford, I'm not surprised that Rovers almost took the game. I also agree about your pack which looks big and strong but also has a fair amount of football and mobility in it, another very good season for Featherstone I think.

#31 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Wakefield need to sort their defence out, nothing new there as we were less than average in that department last season. I had hoped that we would have worked on it and improved but the early signs aren't good. Our saving grace last year was an ability to score lots of points but a suspected broken leg for Tim Smith might curtail that.

#32 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

Bit harsh that. Hull were starved of possession in the first half and probably did well to keep the score to what it was. They improved with more ball in the second half but daft errors gifting the ball to Rovers proved their undoing.

Really your happy with what you seen today???? I was embarrassed at times didn't dare throw the ball around when there did Briscoe scored a very good try. I'd have been more happy if I'd have been a kr fan that's for sure

#33 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

Wakefield need to sort their defence out, nothing new there as we were less than average in that department last season. I had hoped that we would have worked on it and improved but the early signs aren't good. Our saving grace last year was an ability to score lots of points but a suspected broken leg for Tim Smith might curtail that.

It's to be hoped Tim Smith's ok, he's as good as any half back I've seen in SL. A great play maker.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#34 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,888 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

I'd have been more happy if I'd have been a kr fan that's for sure

Be my guest, they need them.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#35 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,452 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

I thought Hull's defence was excellent considering the weight of possession. The only way through it was Dobson's kicking game, which was outstanding. All in all it was a typically scruffy pre-season game but a decent workout nonetheless.

I don't know about you mate, but I think Hull have looked better with Seymour on the field in both games so far.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#36 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

leeds 24 bradford 24 att 6106. more than we get for a challenge cup game

leeds looked like they were still on holiday at the start but bradford did score some good tries then leeds got into it and it became a good contest . bit of an injury worry over joel moon who went off .
in truth both teams need to improve a hell of a lot and in leeds case theres no more friendlys to come apart from the game at hunslet that will feature mostly the u19s

Edited by southstand loiner, 20 January 2013 - 08:16 PM.

ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#37 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,116 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

all on full strength huddersfield beat a weak widnes team 36-12. widnes fell apart in the second half when the kids came on after leading 12=-6 at half time.......danny craven was a class apart from the rest and when he was replaced by tom gilmore the team ran out of ideas....
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#38 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

in truth both teams need to improve a hell of a lot and in leeds case theres no more friendlys to come apart from the game at hunslet that will feature mostly the u19s

That shouldn't worry you though really should it as Leeds only start playing properly about August time anyway don't they? ;)

#39 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

I thought Hull's defence was excellent considering the weight of possession. The only way through it was Dobson's kicking game, which was outstanding. All in all it was a typically scruffy pre-season game but a decent workout nonetheless.

I don't know about you mate, but I think Hull have looked better with Seymour on the field in both games so far.

Agree with the Seymour comment although only seen today's game

#40 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

That shouldn't worry you though really should it as Leeds only start playing properly about August time anyway don't they? ;)

theres a little game against melbourne storm in febuary that could be tricky :wacko: after that then yes of course a little slump till august may well happen
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users