Today's friendly updates

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 DimmestStar

DimmestStar
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

Bit harsh that. Hull were starved of possession in the first half and probably did well to keep the score to what it was. They improved with more ball in the second half but daft errors gifting the ball to Rovers proved their undoing.

Seen enough to be reasonably happy with things.

Hull improved slightly in the second half with a 7-0 penalty count in their favour and Rovers by then fielding a reserve team.

Whilst it was 1st team v 1st team.........one way traffic. Hull looked serioiusly undercooked.

#42 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

Hull improved slightly in the second half with a 7-0 penalty count in their favour and Rovers by then fielding a reserve team.

Whilst it was 1st team v 1st team.........one way traffic. Hull looked serioiusly undercooked.

The never ending optimism!

Take what you want from the run out - Hull will push for a top 4 spot, KR push to scrape into the 8.
Unless of course the Larvin millions happen to be anything other than a figment of imagination - then it's Rervers to sweep all before them ;)

Hull slow out of the blocks, hindered by some never ending tackles/laying on let go by Thaler.
As usual KR wanted/needed the win more and deserved the win.
Ellis looked a different class at times and will be a thorn in many teams side this season.
Seymour looks like he is the player he was signed on as - some touches of class.
Briscoe - pure quality for his try - brainfart aside!!!

If the robins lose Dobson through injury during this season - panic!
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#43 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,567 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:15 AM

The never ending optimism!

Take what you want from the run out - Hull will push for a top 4 spot, KR push to scrape into the 8.
Unless of course the Larvin millions happen to be anything other than a figment of imagination - then it's Rervers to sweep all before them ;)

Hull slow out of the blocks, hindered by some never ending tackles/laying on let go by Thaler.
As usual KR wanted/needed the win more and deserved the win.
Ellis looked a different class at times and will be a thorn in many teams side this season.
Seymour looks like he is the player he was signed on as - some touches of class.
Briscoe - pure quality for his try - brainfart aside!!!

If the robins lose Dobson through injury during this season - panic!

So Dobson was the best player on the park - :P

#44 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,960 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

So Dobson was the best player on the park - :P

He usually is in the Hull Derby tbh.

Seymour already looks a far better player this year than last, maybe he realises he'll be on his way otherwise.

Easy to spot the dimmest post on here already.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#45 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,567 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

He usually is in the Hull Derby tbh.

Seymour already looks a far better player this year than last, maybe he realises he'll be on his way otherwise.

Easy to spot the dimmest post on here already.

and I thought it was Hodgson -_-

#46 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

I really enjoyed the derby game.

I thought we came out 'all guns blazing' and the general feeling for the game was one of a playoff game and not a warm up.

I though Dobson played very well, as did Paterson. Tuimavave's tackling is textbook and Greg Eden is going to be a star.

In the second half we utilised the subs and brought on our young lads who did very well and that was what was the most pleasing for me.

Hull looked a bit undercooked but I have no doubt they'll be challenging for the top 6 this season however, I thought their right side looked a bit weak.

A really good game to get us all back in the groove. I'm not interested in bragging rights or anything like that, and last year showed that one pre-season games counts for nothing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users