Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

App Development

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,559 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

Anyone know anything about developing iPhone apps? I've got a really good idea for an app that I want to put into practise, but have no idea where to start! I've drawn out what I want the interfaces to look like and it's all planned out but I just need to know how to put it all together!

Hoping there are some techies on here that can put me in the right direction. And it's a rugby league app for those wondering (coaching assistant).
Posted Image

#2 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,833 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

Anyone know anything about developing iPhone apps? I've got a really good idea for an app that I want to put into practise, but have no idea where to start! I've drawn out what I want the interfaces to look like and it's all planned out but I just need to know how to put it all together!

Hoping there are some techies on here that can put me in the right direction. And it's a rugby league app for those wondering (coaching assistant).

If your fancying tackling it yourself, good luck.

If your looking to price up a job, could do worse than to look here and try find someone to do it for you.

#3 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,685 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

First things first you need a mac and a copy of Xcode (free download from Apple). Apple make it so you cannot do development on anything but a mac. iOS apps are written in C or C# and the api's make it a doddle to do most things except for graphics rendering for games. There is a good 'getting started' page on the apple site that gives general info. What I would say is make are you have a fairly good idea of the design of your app, making it up as you go along will not produce a good app.

Disclaimer: I'm not a developer or an expert. I'm in the process of creating a maths diagnosis app and learning most of it as I go.
Fides invicta triumphat

#4 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 7,956 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

a maths diagnosis app

Sounds like the next "Angry Birds" :P
God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users