App Development

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,732 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

Anyone know anything about developing iPhone apps? I've got a really good idea for an app that I want to put into practise, but have no idea where to start! I've drawn out what I want the interfaces to look like and it's all planned out but I just need to know how to put it all together!

Hoping there are some techies on here that can put me in the right direction. And it's a rugby league app for those wondering (coaching assistant).
Posted Image

#2 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,843 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

Anyone know anything about developing iPhone apps? I've got a really good idea for an app that I want to put into practise, but have no idea where to start! I've drawn out what I want the interfaces to look like and it's all planned out but I just need to know how to put it all together!

Hoping there are some techies on here that can put me in the right direction. And it's a rugby league app for those wondering (coaching assistant).

If your fancying tackling it yourself, good luck.

If your looking to price up a job, could do worse than to look here and try find someone to do it for you.

#3 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,759 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

First things first you need a mac and a copy of Xcode (free download from Apple). Apple make it so you cannot do development on anything but a mac. iOS apps are written in C or C# and the api's make it a doddle to do most things except for graphics rendering for games. There is a good 'getting started' page on the apple site that gives general info. What I would say is make are you have a fairly good idea of the design of your app, making it up as you go along will not produce a good app.

Disclaimer: I'm not a developer or an expert. I'm in the process of creating a maths diagnosis app and learning most of it as I go.
Fides invicta triumphat

#4 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 7,994 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

a maths diagnosis app

Sounds like the next "Angry Birds" :P
God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users