Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

James Nixon

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 lifer

lifer
  • Coach
  • 284 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

Does anyone know whats happening with Nicko, said in the paper he was out of the squad for the whitehaven game due to non fitness related issues, and i have also noticed that he is the only player without any sponsers on the club website??

#2 southsider

southsider
  • Coach
  • 246 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

He has resigned. Apparently he said that he cant get a pass during training, let alone in a match.
its a shame because i believe that he was due a testimonial this year.

#3 lifer

lifer
  • Coach
  • 284 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

Yeah think he was due one, also a shame because towards the end of last season we saw glimpses of the nixon of old..and he was getting involved more...

#4 topchef

topchef
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

Shame. I actually like Niko.

Like all wingers he needs good service from the second row and centre inside him and seeing as we are not the biggest pack in the Championship we would really need good outside options.

I hope we don't see him punishing us for another team. Mind you it may be what he needs to get his Mojo back.

Moff
Go Cumbria!

#5 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Bad news this i.m.o.
Let's hope his decision can be reversed !

Posted Image

#6 Bob247

Bob247
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

It is bad news another good local leaving the club but as got a point

#7 blue forever

blue forever
  • Coach
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

He's the only out and out try scorer we have and will be a big loss in my opinion. People may talk about the other wingers working harder but tries win games and our other wingers lack his try scoring ability.
I dont want to join the army...

Posted Image

#8 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

It's been noticeable for sometime that when he plays he doesn't get the ball. If the other players won't even give him a pass in training there is something wrong.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#9 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 852 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

I take him at town tomorrow

#10 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

Best news ive heard in a long time, no more defensive liability, no more carrying a man who was well past his best. we'll be much stronger now without him on the flanks. an out and out try scorer he might 'HAVE BEEN' -thats what he had become, a has been. stronger by far with haney and clay on the wings.

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#11 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

Dont forget the youngster Brannon as well

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#12 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

Best news ive heard in a long time, no more defensive liability, no more carrying a man who was well past his best. we'll be much stronger now without him on the flanks. an out and out try scorer he might 'HAVE BEEN' -thats what he had become, a has been. stronger by far with haney and clay on the wings.

If the lad has quit, it's comments like this that have probably helped him make his mind up !!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#13 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 557 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

your loss could be haven or towns gain could be class alongside a good centre

#14 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

It's just amazing how short some memories are..the guy has put in almost 10 years of fantastic service for little reward and all some can do is call him a has been..shame on you...

Nico you will Lways be a star in my mind and if you decided to stay then I for one would be happy.. An absolute gentleman.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#15 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

the question has to be asked then......why will nobody pass to him in training ?

Edited by morty, 22 January 2013 - 11:59 AM.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#16 blue forever

blue forever
  • Coach
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

It's just amazing how short some memories are..the guy has put in almost 10 years of fantastic service for little reward and all some can do is call him a has been..shame on you...

Nico you will Lways be a star in my mind and if you decided to stay then I for one would be happy.. An absolute gentleman.

I agree Mike, the treatment of him by some has been disgusting. A try scoring rate of almost 1 in 2 last year, playing outside centre's that dont seem to want to pass. None of the other wingers last year got close to that ratio and wont do this year either.
I dont want to join the army...

Posted Image

#17 lifer

lifer
  • Coach
  • 284 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

the question has to be asked then......why will nobody pass to him in training ?

HOW MANY PASSES DID ANY OF OUR WINGERS GET LAST YEAR!!!

#18 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 816 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

Your right donald could be good with a good centre that rules haven out .

#19 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

HOW MANY PASSES DID ANY OF OUR WINGERS GET LAST YEAR!!!

Well all I can say is if it was the plan of Darren and Phill to keep the ball in the centre then it worked. The result at the end of the year was what was aimed for.

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#20 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Your right donald could be good with a good centre that rules haven out .

Scott maca
Jjp png international
James Cameron

So the mighty town have better don't think so

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users