Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

James Nixon

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,131 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:42 AM

wrong thread I think :lol:

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#62 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 834 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

That was ment to the Whitehaven fellows comment, raiders guys, ha!!

#63 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 834 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

Wrong thread indeed

#64 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 834 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

Reading back however great to see Mr Holt comment on the forum and I do hope we all can remain in champuonship rugby it needs cumbria

#65 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,131 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

Reading back however great to see Mr Holt comment on the forum and I do hope we all can remain in champuonship rugby it needs cumbria

Totally agree mate

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#66 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

He has far too much to say in my opinion....only kidding Holty, keep posting mate as I think they are all sick of me....lol

Ps I'm back to my normal self now....lol

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#67 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

He has far too much to say in my opinion....only kidding Holty, keep posting mate as I think they are all sick of me....lol

Ps I'm back to my normal self now....lol

Drunk again then Mike :)

Posted Image

#68 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

Drunk is his normal self Keith ha ha

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#69 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

Evening all,

Interesting reading this thread so I thought I would try to put a few peoples mind at rest. Firstly, the rumours regarding Nicko leaving due to not getting a pass( either in training or during a game) are completely untrue and unfounded and whoever started the rumour will be happy that so many supporters have been taken in by it- it has certainly surprised me. The reason for Nickos recent absence is due to an ongoing personal and internal issue which is yet to be resolved and knowing him I would think he will be chuckling slightly at the thought ot a player of his integrity and honesty retiring a year before his testemonial year because players refuse to pass him the ball? A little bit of patience is needed, and I still have hope that Nicko will remain with the squad for a couple more seasons yet although its ultimately Jame's decision.

Secondly, I keep reading with interest about concerns over the size of our forward pack this season. Very briefly:

Matt Haggarty 6ft 6Ins-105kg
Brad Brennan 6ft 3Ins- 105kg
Mike Whitehead 6ft 5Ins-109kg
Ruari McGoff 6ft 3Ins-110kg
Jamie Butler 6ft 5Ins-101kg
Andy Dawson 6ft 1Ins-100kg
Liam Harrison 6ft 2Ins-100kg
Kurt Haggerty 6ft 3Ins-102kg
Danny Jones 6ft 1Ins- 103kg
Jack Spencer 6ft- 98kg.

That leaves Dan Toal( who runs/tackles well above his weight) and the 4 Hookers. I havn't got the time but maybe MASH could do a comparison with other teams in our league........I think the results would be surprising. Whilst losing the Keighley game, after watching the DVD 3-4 times, it confirmed that we completely dominated the entire 80 mins upfront and only several defensive lapses and an average kicking game( 2nd half) took the game away from us.

Prior to any season, just like last year if I remember, many fans have concerns but 'size' is certainly not one of them. IMHO our squad is stronger in both depth and quality this year and the reaction from the boys has been superb throughout a tough(albeit short) pre-season. What I'm meaning to say guys is put some faith in these boys........they didn't let you down last year - they won't let you down this year.

Again, sorry for interupting the Forum............I'm sat here feeling like I'm intruding but I don't see the harm in a pre season rallying call!!

The pack is still not big enough Holty :D

#70 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

I think when the stats come out people will see the size of our pack...it looks small cos they are all big...Dan Toal the exception..lol

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#71 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

You all have the wrong opinion of me...only drunk at weekends...lol

#72 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,508 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

Seeing Darren mentioned me as somebody who has time to work on stats I am now trying to work out packs in other Championship teams. If I come up with anything worthwhile I will post it on here.

For starters I calculate that the average Raiders forwards are 6ft 3ins and weight 16 1/4 stone. This is 10 forwards and excludes hookers and loose forward.

Posted Image

#73 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Evening all,

Interesting reading this thread so I thought I would try to put a few peoples mind at rest. Firstly, the rumours regarding Nicko leaving due to not getting a pass( either in training or during a game) are completely untrue and unfounded and whoever started the rumour will be happy that so many supporters have been taken in by it- it has certainly surprised me. The reason for Nickos recent absence is due to an ongoing personal and internal issue which is yet to be resolved and knowing him I would think he will be chuckling slightly at the thought ot a player of his integrity and honesty retiring a year before his testemonial year because players refuse to pass him the ball? A little bit of patience is needed, and I still have hope that Nicko will remain with the squad for a couple more seasons yet although its ultimately Jame's decision.

Secondly, I keep reading with interest about concerns over the size of our forward pack this season. Very briefly:

Jack Spencer 6ft- 98kg.

That leaves Dan Toal( who runs/tackles well above his weight) and the 4 Hookers. I havn't got the time but maybe MASH could do a comparison with other teams in our league........I think the results would be surprising. Whilst losing the Keighley game, after watching the DVD 3-4 times, it confirmed that we completely dominated the entire 80 mins upfront and only several defensive lapses and an average kicking game( 2nd half) took the game away from us.

Prior to any season, just like last year if I remember, many fans have concerns but 'size' is certainly not one of them. IMHO our squad is stronger in both depth and quality this year and the reaction from the boys has been superb throughout a tough(albeit short) pre-season. What I'm meaning to say guys is put some faith in these boys........they didn't let you down last year - they won't let you down this year.

Again, sorry for interupting the Forum............I'm sat here feeling like I'm intruding but I don't see the harm in a pre season rallying call!!

cheers for that info, i didn't realize the pack was that big, so i take back what i said on the other thread about the pack not being big enough, top 4 finish it is then :D

#74 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

Evening all,

Jack Spencer 6ft- 98kg.

Good post and thanks for the update. How about pinning a thread for you to do a update post now and then.

#75 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 865 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

how do you pin a thread blue moon
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#76 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,508 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

I've drawn a blank on squad height & weight. Most Club websites don't give any details. I got some figures but not enough to make it worthwhile.. I must get out more.

Posted Image

#77 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

dwb can do it I think

#78 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

Michael if you don't know what chance have we?...lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users