Donny

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 500 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

Thanks for the information. If it's £5 to park in the official car park, where can you park for free or for less?
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#22 Jemmo

Jemmo
  • Coach
  • 514 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

I think it is £3 to park, although being local I do not park there often (ever). There are plenty of car parks within walking distance for patrons of the corresponding pubs.

Here: http://goo.gl/maps/rcfXd
Here: http://goo.gl/maps/rCb1z
And a shopping centre Here: http://goo.gl/maps/Bvw8O

You do need to get a ticket from the ticket office first, then enter in the East Stand (Bartercard Stand). There is normally someone around pointing you the right way. There is only one stand open but it holds 5000 so we should be OK for a while :lol:

There is a bar at the back of the main stand which is open all game and accessible once you are in the ground

Enjoy your visit

#23 weighman

weighman
  • Coach
  • 202 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Park around the lake , also on going road works betweem M18 junct 3 & lakeside .

#24 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

I was there at the football a couple of weeks ago. Car park is £5 - they operate industrial estate car parks on football matchday but doubt they'll do that Sunday. Tickets are purchased from a small office next to the away end.

#25 STEVE P

STEVE P
  • Coach
  • 707 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

it was fevs 2nd team they beat though not the first team

Should do well against us then.

#26 The Bassets Assets

The Bassets Assets
  • Players
  • 48 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

Read the match report for Doncaster/ Wakefield and although Donny got well beat as we did against Bradford they have 2/3 injuries to key players. Donny supporters didn't seem too happy with the way their team performed today, I don't know what some people expect, would you really give an amateur side any chance against the likes of the so called top 5 in championship 1,I wouldn't think so, so why would or should you be so disappointed when your team is beaten by a Super League side. The speed is so much faster the size and strength of the players is more superior and that's without having to go to work all day before you have to go training, people seem to forget they are full time so don't have to go to work 9 to 5 or earlier for some players, it's easy to criticise, harder to do.

Well said, think people tend to forget this sometimes. Saw the game and Donny have nothing to be ashamed of. Thought last 20 mins they defended well, considering the fitness comparisons, and frustrated Wakey.

#27 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

Rams winning 16-6
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#28 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

16~10
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

#29 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

22-10

[

#30 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

22-16 ft

[

#31 alienboy

alienboy
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

22-16 ft

16-22 we won!

#32 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 767 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

A wins a win but we made heavy weather of it. I was going to say why, on 3 occasions, didn't we take the 2 points. But I now understand, our goalkicking is woeful. Good job O Brien was playing, although I don't agree with it. Brown had a stand out game for me. Anyway onward and upward.

Edited by YOUNG UN, 03 February 2013 - 05:55 PM.

#33 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

got to agree thought Brown was oustanding, but stupid decisions and poor handling nearly cost the game, should have had double the points , come on play the full 80 like the first half.

#34 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

I suppose it was a bit disappointing after the way we played against Fax but a win is a win. I can see as we all can, room for improvement but my aspirations aren't dented, we will improve.

#35 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

Next week will be a REAL test of where we are and what we can do. I'm sure Glenn doesn't need me to tell him that we need to sharpen up, wise up and complete sets.

#36 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

Too many mistakes and some poor decision making, but three points away from home is a great start and we mustn't get greedy. A lot of mistakes came from trying to be expansive and I'll always support that. Brown outstanding. Best half back try in Dewsbury colours for many a year. O'Brien outstanding, but can't agree with this dual reg stuff. Poor Tebb didn't even get a start today. Just not good enough. That young lad has a great future in front of him and at this rate it WON'T be with the Rams. Defence patchy, but overall much improved than under WJ and did my eyes deceive me or did we even try and "Meet em" today. Great start, well done all, but please let's have Matthew Tebb in the 17 before its too late and he's off. No place foy Coleman today either? Expected him on the bench........

#37 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

Lucky win I heard!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#38 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

No, not lucky, scrappy. Neither team deserve plaudits but we were the better team. Lots of positives on show as outlined above. It was a typical "First Game" sort of match.

#39 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

Just heard Glenn on T'wireless he said we had a completion of about 50% second half. That doesn't mean we're bad, just need tightening up, and a bit more discipline. Too many penalties conceded and occasionally the wrong option chosen. All things that I'm sure can be put right.

#40 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 767 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

Lucky win I heard!

You heard wrong then!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users