• 1,505 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

Lucky win I heard!

Now you are talking silly.

#62 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:15 AM

It is up to the coach to pick the best team available and we will need the best next week. Think we will be lucky to get within 25 points of Fev, but a decent performance will be more important.

#63 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

Play Tebb in place of Tonks on today's showing. Where will Coleman fit in though?

Move Brown to 13 coleman to 6.We think The lad from cas will play the 7 role when fit.

#64 bigboyroy

bigboyroy
  • Players
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

Why move Brown and put Coleman in when defence is not their strong point - Tonks is our best defender week in week out along with Spicer they have the highest work rate .Spicer was man of match this week for me.
We will need our best defenders on the field Sunday - we are only one game in which we won admitted too many penalties all round but a wins a win
Also think there must be unrest with the lads this dual reg is no good our lads are training every week for dual reg lads to take their places on Sunday. I feel for Tebby brought Super league hooker in when there's a local lad that's played well at hooker so far but not even on bench to have a chance ,however he's not a 7 or a second rower/ 13
One game in and some are already picking holes in team and players some of who play well each week - lets have a bit of support and encouragement
What happens if we loose a few games do we start getting rid of coaches again
We are a new young team and there are going to be mistakes you can see lads are trying give them a chance i'm sure they'll come good

#65 PockRam

PockRam
  • Players
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

Why would you move the natural playmaker from first receiver to 13, makes no sense??? The game was marred with rustyness and a clear lack of cohesion, this will get better. Pls remember that over half the squad is new, the Fev team this weekend and the Donny one from last week have (as a majority) played many more games together.

Lots of positives from the 4 matches so far, yet we need to be realistic. With a limited budget etc we aren't going to compete over a whole season, we will face the odd drubbing and like wise we will shock one or two teams when they least expect it, this is what happens with a young squad. Glenn has a tough job finding the correct blend of youth, experience, contracted and loan players.

Bringing Karl Pryce in will add greater leadership/experience and quality in the midfield needed to create space for the likes of Brown, Morton and Craven. For me we don't do enough about moving the ball and has always been an issue for the club going back a number of years. I dont know if this is a coaching thing or just typical of rugby league in this country. Using one up hits has its merits but you create space by moving defenders around.

Daryl Powell criticised the dual registration system post game on Radio Leeds when quizzed about the Rams and this weekends game. Whilst not all of us agree on this system, there is no better motivation for those who have joined the club to go hard against the form team in recent years , especially as its live on TV. Cummins etc will be watching!!

#66 bigboyroy

bigboyroy
  • Players
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

Totally agree Pockram .
If this week we compete and it's an improvement on the Donny match I'll be happy. As you have said we need to move the ball more,we seem to be attacking predominantly down the left hand side which is making us a bit predictable in attack which is probably down to a bit of inexperience . I'm sure a few games in we will see an improvement.
Looking forward to Sundays match.

#67 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

Play Tebb in place of Tonks on today's showing. Where will Coleman fit in though?

Think we have to give Coleman a chance and would like to see him given a shot this week. Why not give them both a run out? Spaven did OK at Donny, but as others have said we did lack a few ideas near the line and maybe Coleman might have a bit craft?

Also agree that you cant swap Tebb for Tonks, but even if we cant squeeze him in this week surely he has to be given a chance before too long???
Rest of team I would leave. A bit rusty at Donny, but we dont want any knee jerk reactions.

#68 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

Totally agree Pockram .
If this week we compete and it's an improvement on the Donny match I'll be happy. As you have said we need to move the ball more,we seem to be attacking predominantly down the left hand side which is making us a bit predictable in attack which is probably down to a bit of inexperience . I'm sure a few games in we will see an improvement.
Looking forward to Sundays match.

We've always had a leftwards bias. I reckon that it's simply down to individuals being more competent in passing to their left than their right rather than any tactical ploy.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#69 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

Playing a hooker at 13 won't really work in my opinion.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users