Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

RLWC 2013 - Volunteers

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,994 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

Afternoon all,

Did anybody else apply to be a volunteer at the World Cup this year? I was under the impression that there would be a "brief interview in January" but heard nothing yet.

Has anybody else had any response?
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#2 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 781 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

I had a response just before Christmas with an update saying they would be contacting applicants during January for a short interview in February then successful applicants will be allocated positions in March
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#3 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,994 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

I had a response just before Christmas with an update saying they would be contacting applicants during January for a short interview in February then successful applicants will be allocated positions in March

Thanks - have you been contacted?
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#4 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 781 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

Not yet but still time,looking forward to it if I get selected.
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#5 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 756 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Here is an email I just received on when interviews will take place.
We are now in the process of inviting volunteers to interview across the country and have sent out invites for those people who indicated Hull and Warrington as their preferred venues. During next week we will be sending out more invitations so please look out for the email. We will be interviewing in the following locations and dates;

· Hull 15th and 16th February
· Leeds 18th February
· Huddersfield 20th February
· Manchester 21st and 22nd February
· Warrington 25th February
· Wigan/Leigh 26th February
· Cardiff 27th February
· Bristol 28th February
· London early March – date tbc
· Workington early March – date tbc

Rather than emailing us for requests, please wait until you receive the invitation and we can go from there – we will have already emailed those people who are unsuccessful so we look forward to meeting you soon.
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#6 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 781 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

got the same one myself so things are moving on

#7 MamaKangaroo

MamaKangaroo
  • Coach
  • 158 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

Mini-me applied as a young volunteer but we've not heard anything yet. I understand they'll sort out the adults first but as she was told the same time scales initially I was wondering if any other young vols had heard anything.........?