Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Oxford RL

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 mackin89

mackin89
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

Seems Benson has gained quite a few ex players of his old squad here.

Anyone think we have lost any quality due to this or does the fact we never achieved promotion pretty much nullify that argument.

I think itll be a strange game when they come to Whitebank this year just hope he doesn't come back to haunt us.

Edited by mackin89, 21 January 2013 - 04:00 PM.

#2 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

I think Thommo and Clarkey might well be missed. Should make it an interesting match when we play them like you say. But our lads will be well up for it. Come on you Yeds!

#3 Tony Mac

Tony Mac
  • Coach
  • 540 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

I think the that the players were not always motivated when they played for Oldham, which I put down to the Coach. When these ex players play against us my fear is that motivation will not be a problem.

Here's hoping

Tony Mac

Nobody believes the official spokesman, but everybody trusts an unidentified source.

#4 davewd

davewd
  • Facebook
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

Another ex signedfor Oxford at this rate it will be OLDHAM v OLDHAM.

#5 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

Another ex signedfor Oxford at this rate it will be OLDHAM v OLDHAM.

except it will be Oldham 2013 winners v Oldham 2012 not quite good enough. Or should that be no where near good enough?

#6 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

Crowd pleaser and fans favourite Lucas Onyango!

will be like a trip down memory lane when Benson brings his troops to Whitebank.

Was going to suggest a caption competition for his first words back in our ground....But decided to behave myself for a change! :D

#7 RunItOffAfi

RunItOffAfi
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

Thought Lucas was a bit past his sell by date, but he's performed really well for us over the years he's been here, so thanks, mate. However, from his first 2 games, I think we've got a ready made replacement in Mo Agoro.

#8 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

Last years team would have lost by 20 on Sunday.Not young enough, not fast enough, not disciplined enough, not hungry enough and didn't realise we train three times a week.Expect them to raise their game against us but not to do that week in week out.
One for all and all for the one

#9 mackin89

mackin89
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

had a rummage about on the oxford website and noticed ellisons comment at the end

http://www.oxfordrl....tml#prettyPhoto[iframes]/6/

sounds like there up for playing us, hopefully they revert to type and cant handle the crunch :lol:

#10 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

So he wants Oxford to "smash Oldham" !
Tbh all those ex players are partly responsible for smashing us into the position we're in now.
Along with the coach.
So they can't do any worse than they've already done.
Hope Scott Naylor pins it to the dressing room .

#11 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

Silly lad.Then again he has always lacked class.First to the bar though :blink:
One for all and all for the one

#12 SINGE

SINGE
  • Coach
  • 688 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

Edited by SINGE, 20 March 2013 - 04:56 PM.

#13 SINGE

SINGE
  • Coach
  • 688 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

This answer

So he wants Oxford to "smash Oldham" !
Tbh all those ex players are partly responsible for smashing us into the position we're in now.
Along with the coach.
So they can't do any worse than they've already done.
Hope Scott Naylor pins it to the dressing room .

This answer of his shocked me.

Professional RL Debut: cant remember

He can't remember his professional debut?! :blink:

#14 Karen88

Karen88
  • Coach
  • 199 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

Ellison couldn't burst a paper bag.Thompson injury prone Hamstring.Lucas lost his pace at 32.Valu just not good enough.Clark Robinson and Clough are worthy a game against Oldham.A new signing is on the way for Naylor!
REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM

#15 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 943 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

Ellison couldn't burst a paper bag.Thompson injury prone Hamstring.Lucas lost his pace at 32.Valu just not good enough.Clark Robinson and Clough are worthy a game against Oldham.A new signing is on the way for Naylor!

Agree with most of what you wrote Karen, but not about Elly. He was a good prop forward, burst the line many times, something we missed in the first half yesterday.
Joy made a difference when he came on, but Boults and Gilly were below par. Langtree had a better 2nd half, and Crowley was once again outstanding. We do need a good size front row prop, who can make yards in the tackle, and I would have Elly in the role anytime.

Anyway, lets all get down to the bank good friday, and do what we like doing on a good friday, SMASH THE HORNETS!!!!!!

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users