Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Craven Park south stand

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

I saw a photo of the new North Stand being built at Craven Park. It looks really good and will offer some top facilities. But for the away fans, has the club moved the old temporary North Stand to the South now? It would be good if they have, as current away facilities in the south stand are poor.

An all seated South stand (albeit uncovered and temporary-looking) would really look after away fans, and combined with the new North Stand, would turn Craven Park into a really nice venue.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

it would have been the right thing to do....but i don't think they have..

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#3 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

with the new North Stand, would turn Craven Park into a really nice venue.

Only an atom bomb would turn Craven Park into a nice venue.

rldfsignature.jpg

#4 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:59 AM

The new north stand is coming along nicely and looking at the artists impression of the stand is going to look excellent. Is this the first phase in developing the whole ground a bit like headingley or just a one off?

#5 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,718 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

The new north stand is coming along nicely and looking at the artists impression of the stand is going to look excellent. Is this the first phase in developing the whole ground a bit like headingley or just a one off?

As far as I'm aware, they're going to extend the other side if the East Stand next (they've been saying this since 2009 though).

The plan was to move the temp stand from the North to the South end but the stand is apparently beyong repair. I think they're in discussions about what to do with it, but nothing concrete yet. Mind you, with this apparent new £15m investment, you'd kinda expect things to move on a lot quicker soon!
Posted Image

#6 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

As far as I'm aware, they're going to extend the other side if the East Stand next (they've been saying this since 2009 though).

The plan was to move the temp stand from the North to the South end but the stand is apparently beyong repair. I think they're in discussions about what to do with it, but nothing concrete yet. Mind you, with this apparent new £15m investment, you'd kinda expect things to move on a lot quicker soon!

Is this £15 million investment for real or is the investor just another Michael Knighton type character?

#7 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

An all seated South stand (albeit uncovered and temporary-looking) would really look after away fans, and combined with the new North Stand, would turn Craven Park into a really nice venue.

An all seated UNCOVERED stand. Please, please no,, that would be hell on earth.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#8 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

The plan at one stage was to move the old North Stand to the South end but once it was dismantled it was deemed as unfit to put back up again so it will be scrapped.
The new North Stand will have 2500 seats and I believe that it will be available to away fans to use as well as home fans.

There are plans to further extend the East stand at the southern part so that it runs the full length of the pitch, although I do not think this will be looked at till the North Stand is completed.

With regards to the South stand, the club are currently looking at a few options with regard to how they are going to proceed. I think this will be over a 3 to 4 year time frame, obviously this may change if we do get £15m of money from an investor.

#9 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

The north stand is coming on brilliantly and as Brigg Rover suggests, should house both home and away supporters. We should only expect Hull to fill it although Wigan, Leeds and judging by last season Wakefield would bring close to a thousand supporters.

The old north 'golf' stand was unfit for purpose and so has been binned. Supporter safety is paramount.

The north stand is due for completion in June and they are bang on schedule according to the most recent reports.

#10 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

we'd have had that golf stand at oldham :lol:

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#11 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,831 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

Could the new stand be heated? In fact, how about heating the whole of the stadium? :)

#12 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

You can see progress here, looks impressive. Congrats to HKR. Always good when clubs make ground improvements.

http://www.hullkr.tv/liveStand.php
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users