So Hock has joined Widnes

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#41 Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton
  • Coach
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

ineresting quote from lenagan that wigan were not prepared to let him go to one of there major competitors
so now we know wigans opinion of widnes

Looking at Wigans squad (especially now) I'd say Widnes are their major competitors :lol:

#42 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,427 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

I've no problem with that quote. Wigan are expecting to challenge for honours, Widnes aren't. Not going to read too much into it, people get offended for nowt.

Good signing for us obviously.

Exactly.....I did chuckle when I read that but then thought....."fair enough....."

#43 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

He's probably heard what Tomkins is getting paid
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#44 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Gaz hock is without doubt 1 of the 3 best back row forwards in the super league along with Manu and westwood, if it is to do with money then Wigan are there own enemy's in not paying him and rewarding him with a fantastic yr e had last season, good luck to the kid I say well done gaz go and tear super league up again and stick it to the pie eaters!!!!!

#45 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,167 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

He was on Radio 5 and the gist of his statement was "I've got several mates at Widnes and.... errr, I've got several mates at Widnes".

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#46 brooza

brooza
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

He was on Radio 5 and the gist of his statement was "I've got several mates at Widnes and.... errr, I've got several mates at Widnes".

And none left in Wigan?
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#47 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

I'm not suggesting that IL has lied but equally Hock could truthfully state his side of the argument and throw a completely different context onto why he wants out!

I'm no big fan of Hock and I love to watch Wigan so theres no agenda from me.
I'm not going to demonise Gareth Hock based on A very one sided and seemingly emotional press release from IL.

I have to wonder what's been going on that makes a Wigan lad who's been at Wigan since he was about 12 suddenly say he never wants to play for Wigan ever again. Please don't throw he got turned down for a pay rise at me because it doesn't add up, not to me anyway.

Rumours abound that Hock and Wayne have been at each others throats since Hock returned and it's gt worse since SW became Head Coach. Same sources are telling me that a number of players aren't happy and one of those is Sam Tomkins.

#48 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,647 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

If Wigan have a successful season now it could set them up for year's get the kind of club spirit they have at Leeds
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#49 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

maybe he was due some kind of blood test at wigan :(
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#50 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,167 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

If Wigan have a successful season now it could set them up for year's get the kind of club spirit they have at Leeds

So who'll get the No.14 shirt now, I wonder?
Wigan Warriors 2013 Squad List
1. Sam Tomkins
2. Josh Charnley
3. Darrell Goulding
4. Jack Hughes*
5. Pat Richards
6. Blake Green.
7. Matthew Smith*
8. Epalahame Lauaki*
9. Michael McIlorum
10. Lee Mossop
11. Harrison Hansen
12. Liam Farrell*
13. Sean O'Loughlin
14. Vacated by Gareth Hock
15. Ben Flower*
16. Chris Tuson*
17. Iain Thornley*
18. Wigan Fans
19. Paul Prescott*
20. Gil Dudson*
21. Scott Taylor
22. Anthony Gelling*
23. Logan Tomkins*
24. Sam Powell*
25. Rhodri Lloyd*
26. Dom Crosby*

Edited by Futtocks, 22 January 2013 - 02:24 PM.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#51 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

So who'll be No.14 now, I wonder?

I don't think anyone can once they've been submitted, blank for the year.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#52 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

So who'll get the No.14 shirt now, I wonder?
Wigan Warriors 2013 Squad List
1. Sam Tomkins
2. Josh Charnley
3. Darrell Goulding
4. Jack Hughes Out George Carmont
5. Pat Richards
6. Blake Green. Out Brett Finch
7. Matthew Smith Out Thomas Leuleuai
8. Epalahame Lauaki Out Geoff Lima
9. Michael McIlorum
10. Lee Mossop
11. Harrison Hansen
12. Liam Farrell
13. Sean O'Loughlin
14. Vacant* Out Gareth Hock
15. Ben Flower
16. Chris Tuson
17. Iain Thornley
18. Wigan Fans
19. Paul Prescott
20. Gil Dudson
21. Scott Taylor Out Stuart Fielden
22. Anthony Gelling
23. Logan Tomkins
24. Sam Powell
25. Rhodri Lloyd
26. Dom Crosby

#53 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

Manfredi ????????

#54 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

It sounds like we had no choice.
As an eternal optimist, I could just about see us competing for the top if Hughes develops and the pack stayed fit - without Hock we're 5th to 8th.

#55 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,140 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

It sounds like we had no choice.
As an eternal optimist, I could just about see us competing for the top if Hughes develops and the pack stayed fit - without Hock we're 5th to 8th.

Do you think he makes that much of a difference to the team?
Wigan seemed to do well enough without him at various times last season.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#56 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

Do you think he makes that much of a difference to the team?
Wigan seemed to do well enough without him at various times last season.

I agree. Whilst Hock has improved as a player since his return, looking at the squad list above they should still comfortably finish in the Top 4, probably higher.
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#57 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,275 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Gaz hock is without doubt 1 of the 3 best back row forwards in the super league along with Manu and westwood, if it is to do with money then Wigan are there own enemy's in not paying him and rewarding him with a fantastic yr e had last season, good luck to the kid I say well done gaz go and tear super league up again and stick it to the pie eaters!!!!!

Nonsense!!

If you are all in favour of players holding clubs to ransom, after they had stood by him during his two year ban, even increasing his contract during that period to help him out of self-inflicted difficulties, then many would be wishing such players sign for Hull in the future so that you can gain maximum enjoyment - while it lasts that is.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#58 Finn

Finn
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

Where does this leave Wigan. On paper, looking like weakest squad for last few years. Not much in way of depth. What do Wigan fans think? A huge amount of pressure on untried combo of Blake Green/Matty Smith.

I think we're short of cover at 6,7 and 9. Not sure how much of Hock's salary Widnes will be paying and if this will release any cap space for later in the season.

#59 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Nonsense!!

If you are all in favour of players holding clubs to ransom, after they had stood by him during his two year ban, even increasing his contract during that period to help him out of self-inflicted difficulties, then many would be wishing such players sign for Hull in the future so that you can gain maximum enjoyment - while it lasts that is.

Look at FC's signing history and it will tell you that that is exactly the type of player they would sign!

Listening to Hock's interview on Sky Sports today he sounded exactly like he behaves, stupid. Any attempts at rational thoughts as to why he has done what he has done really do not apply.

#60 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,965 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

Wigans decisions seem pretty reasonable. If he doesn't want too play for them send him too a club who's only time they're near them in the table is right at the very start of the season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users