Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

So Hock has joined Widnes

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#121 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,921 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

Thnk its a case of chiken and egg.The Offiah money?,which club got into financial difficulties first?

Widnes.

Wigan's problems had nothing to do with forking out for Offiah.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#122 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,559 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

If I remember correctly the Whitbread stand went WAY over budget and then Jack Robinson budgeted in to the finances winning the challenge cup. Obviously when that didn't happen it caused serious problems. I think there were other contributory factors but it was mostly those two. One, you never know with a building project and two was an appalling level of arrogance (which in hindsight I don't think Mo would have done had he still been there).

As with most clubs hitting financial problems it really boiled down to terrible business sense.

Widnes.

Wigan's problems had nothing to do with forking out for Offiah.

Thanks.
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users