widnes new signing

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

i see that gareth hock has joined our partners on a season long loan. very shocked that the pie eaters have let him leave.wonder if hes interested in dual reg haha
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#2 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 283 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

Never say never haha
bluewhitearmy

#3 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

The story there is behind the scenes at Wigan . It will have a knock on effect at Widnes of making someone else more available now Hock's a cert though . Any news would be welcome right now as we seem to be entering the season ( only the end of next week ! ) with a bit of a whimper .

#4 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

The story there is behind the scenes at Wigan . It will have a knock on effect at Widnes of making someone else more available now Hock's a cert though . Any news would be welcome right now as we seem to be entering the season ( only the end of next week ! ) with a bit of a whimper .

I agree David we need to make a start mobilising fans for the coming season if we are to see the increase in crowds that we all want. We could get Brett Carter to dye his hair pink or something, that would surely get as much coverage as Jesse Joe's haircut did, don't you think?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

We'd have to paint the stadium pink for that Keith .

#6 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

Dual reg with us would work well, he could come in when Stack or Phillips are injured or in need of a rest

lets see if any daft jameaters bite on that!

#7 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 789 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Have a read of the statement on Wigans website. Looks like he will not be going back anytime soon

#8 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

Well i am well happy with Hock signing.If i was Workington i look at Alex Gerrard,Tom Gilmore,Gore,and Adam Lawton when fit.Leuluai wont get much game time either.Gilmore and Alex Gerrard be my first 2 to choose though, as i feel these will be top players.

Edited by widnesrlfc, 22 January 2013 - 11:32 PM.

#9 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

Well i am well happy with Hock signing.If i was Workington i look at Alex Gerrard,Tom Gilmore,Gore,and Adam Lawton when fit.Leuluai wont get much game time either.Gilmore and Alex Gerrard be my first 2 to choose though, as i feel these will be top players.

Tom Gilmore seems a good player wouldn't mind him lyk

Edited by scott, 23 January 2013 - 09:15 AM.

#10 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

Heard a rumour out of wigan a few month ago about this. Heard he got laced by Stuart Fielden in a training ground bust up, but stuck one on Wayne as well in the process. He was unhappy about being given the number 14 jeresy despite tryin to come over here to Sydney with the Eels. Great player, just an absolute bell end.

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users